30 pounds in 6 months?

Options
Does this seem like a realistic weight loss goal? I would like to be back down to my pre-pregnancy size by July (latest). Is it possible? Any suggestions? Do you think I could lose the 30 lbs sooner than July? Any advice would be lovely, thank you. :smile:

Replies

• poarche
    poarche Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think that 5lbs a month is realistic...I lost 8 in 1.5months. Just depends on what you are doing. I suggest joining a challenge, program, or doing C25k. Something where you feel accountable and have goals for each week and month. Good luck you can do it!
  • emilyjayne90
    Options
    I lost 15lb in my first 2 weeks on here. My third week (which is now) i was due TOM so i weighed and had not lost 1lb :( .. So maybe it can be done ??
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds last year from January 4th through August. I had lost 30 pounds by June (5 months) but those last 10 pounds were the hardest to get rid of. I think 20 weeks is a very realistic goal for losing 30 pounds, as losing 1/2 - 2 pounds a week is a healthy way to go about lifetime weight loss. For me, getting rid of white flour and white sugar (in general) were key for my successful weight loss. I also love and eat lots of vegetables and fruits and drink lots of water, while minimizing sodium intake. Good luck to you!
  • RheaIzar
    RheaIzar Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Since January 1st I've lost 16lbs just by walking and using the iPod application. My weight loss is starting to slow down but it's still steady, just not as dramatic.

I'm totally positive it can be done! Just make sure you do it healthily.
  • kelcbelle
    kelcbelle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 27 pounds since the beginning of this year doing the HCG diet. 33 pounds lost since Sept. 2010 total. It isn't always easy, but I love the results! You might check it out. It sounds a lot harder than it actually is. Good luck!
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    That is realistic. When ever I make goals I find it easier to count the weeks. So that is 24 weeks. If you lose 1.5 pounds a week you would reach your goal. Hope this helps. You should never make your goal more than 2 pounds a week.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs from 11/1/2010 till today. I used calorie reduction and a lot of workouts. As mentioned the closer you are to your goal weight the harder it is to lose, but you can do it.

Good Luck
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I believe so...If you eat right, stay Dedicated, Willpowered.

I'm 3.9lbs. away from sayin' I lost 20lbs while doin' Power90 - and Day 90 is in two weeks - March 5 or 6th.

I started on Dec 6th 2010 at 162lbs. Today I weigh in at 145.9lbs.

If you put your mind to it - you can achieve anythin'....so 30lbs in 6 months is pretty reasonable...

best wishes my friend xo :flowerforyou:
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    That was my goal..I believe it is realistic. I started to want to lose 5 pounds a month, but since Jan 3, I have lost 14 pounds. This month the weight been coming off a little slower, but it's, I know that will happen. I do not want to lose sight of my goals. We will get there!
  • MightyMom4
    Options
    I hope so because I am trying to do about the same thing. I have my goal at about 2 lbs per week and so far its been going really well. I think you have to really dedicate yourself to your goal. Make sure your eating right, drinking enough water and exercising daily. You stick with that and you should get there or close.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Yes it is! I lost 26 pounds from oct 31 until now. This month my weight loss has slowed down.
    You can do it!
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    I've got the rest of February to lose 2 more pounds and then I'll have lost 30lbs in 6 months. So it is definately doable! I might have even lost more than that, but I have a few setbacks and took a month off counting calories and exercising (I was travelling, so it was kind of hard to keep track of! lol) I didn't do a programme or go to the gym, but just used a stationary bike and elliptical machine and lots of portion control.

Good luck!
  • 1FITmamaofTWINS
    Options
    of course, I lost 47lbs in 3 months =P
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I think 30 lbs in 6 months is realistic! My goal is to lose 5 lbs a month, I don't want to set myself up for failure or beat myself up and lose my focus. You can do it.