P90X ADVICE!

Options
TO THOSE OF YOU WHO DO P90X? for whatever reason i get through 1 or 2 weeks & then if 1 little thing happens at work or at home that makes me feel overwhelmed i decide to skip a workout for that day however i don't workout the next day or the next until a month later i realize hmm i haven't worked out in a month! then its like starting all over & i hate starting over! i plan this time to pick up where i left off and see if that helps but how do you keep going through those rough weeks? -MOMMABREBRE

Replies

• cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I just have to remind myself, "how bad do you want it!" My worst week is during TOM but I keep pushing play cause I am not going to get results by day dreaming of them I have to work for it!!
    good luck!!
  • sbono15
    Options
    Find someone that is willing to do it too. When I did it, 4 people at work all did it and we held each other accountable. And ripped on Tony Horton's stupid sayings every day and it made it fun :) Good Luck!
  • RichardF84
    Options
    The best advice I could give is to tell yourself the next day when you get up that what happend yesterday will not make or break my lifestyle change what I do today on will mess up my change. Then get back on course and follow through with it. I have lost 90 lbs since last Aug but I am in a slump myself and need to fire up the fat burnig machine again!
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with going to the gym, but when I started p90x, I never missed a day, because it was so different and every day was new. My biggest help was that my roommate did it with me. The first day when it came in the mail, I was the one who didn't want to get started, and she MADE me! After that, when she didn't want to work out one day or another, I was there to MAKE her do it. Can you find a friend to work out with? Added bonus - this gives you someone to spot you occasionally and even compete with!
  • ponygirl518
    Options
    This has happened to me also. I am currently doing P90X. What I have done this time, if I am too busy and miss a workout one day, I just do it the next day. I have also managed to do two workouts on the day of X Stretch, in order to get caught back up. So what if it takes a little longer than the 90 days, you are still working to get really fit. I have found too, that I get better results on the program if I add more cardio work of my own, such as a couple mile walk, or time on the treadmill or elliptical. Good Luck!!