looking for friends for moral support...

Options
I have been on here for a week or so now and i just love it. i am really seeing results!!! i am 24 years old, i am a fairly petite person, between 5'2" and 5'4'' with tiny hand and feet and such, and have been told that i shouldn't weigh over 125, so i figure at 307, i have a way to go...but i am looking forward to my journey!

Replies

• chrisc31
    chrisc31 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place.....as long as you're willing to put forth the effort to change old habits, you will see great results! Good luck on your journey....and I'll send you a friend request to support you along the way! :)
  • Livie_Marie
    Options
    Hi there! I'm Livie. It's all about the journey, and seeing those results are the wonderful part of it I think. We can share the road together if you don't mind! Woohoo! :D
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome---good luck
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Glad you are here! This is a great first step to change your life. I hope you achieve much success!
  • jentacy
    Options
    You and me both girlfriend! I have been working out for three weeks and I have lost 9 lbs so far. It's good to have support from people that are in the same boat as you!
  • k8tmama
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this, and the support from people on this site is so great! :)
  • rachaels7
    Options
    Welcome! You can do it!! Good luck!
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love this site...I will send you a friend request. :smile: I would love to provide support along the way.
  • jjsuppes
    jjsuppes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this! It is a slow process, I start in October 2009. I have lost 35 lbs. since that time and I have kept it off. It is important to allways keep track of what you eat, and your excerise. I join myfitnesspal about 11 days ago, and I really like the support. Keep up the good work.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place!!! I'm 5'2" and have been told I should weigh about 125 too... that's probably not realistic for me, so I have my goal set at 140 for now. If I lose more, that's great, but that should get me out of the overweight category.. or close to it!!!!

Good luck, girl... we'll be checking on ya!
  • jmcjamie
    Options
    welcome i would love to support you on your new journey
  • jilllk84
    jilllk84 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goals- I am loving this site and have been recommending it to everyone I know (even strangers in the grocery store :smile: ) I have a large goal myself but this site is doing more for me than what I've done on my own in the past two years.
  • newkay
    newkay Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I have also been looking for support! Can't seem to figure out the "adding" of friends, and after being on this for about a month, I'm kind of giving up on developing a support system! lol
    I'd love to have some friends to share delicious (healthy) meal ideas with, as well as just keeping each other in line ;) Thanks everyone, good luck!
  • megamunch
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 25 and am in the same position. I am way over what I should way!
    This board is very good and suppportive, so I'm sure it will help you and me towards our goal.
    Good luck x
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome i also have been here just a week and seeing results which is good even though i havnt had such a good week on my food and excersize , This sites giving me the boost i need . Feel free to add me asa friend .
  • SpeakNow101
    Options
    Hi there! I just joined my fitness pal today and I am looking for friends to support me on my 80 pound journey! My name on fitness pal is SpeakNow101 feel free to add me!!
  • dw97459
    Options
    Hi my name is Deb. I have been on here for over a month and have lost 20 pounds. I am looking for more MFP friends so everyone can add me. So we can keep each other motivated.
  • SpeakNow101
    Options
    Hi! I have made a blog about losing weight! Please visit it and LEAVE A COMMENT! visit http://weightlossofabusyteen.blogspot.com/
  • ShellzLo
    Options
    The way you add is to click on their name from my page then just "add as friend" it's really simple.. just like Facebook.... then you can search for freinds under invite friends. Just fill in the appropiate boxes and MFP will help you find friends in ur local area if it's recorded. Good Luck and if Not I'll encourage you!!!!
  • sleight119
    Options
    hello