I can't believe it's not butter - SPRAY

Options
2»

Replies

• PattiPositive
    Options
    I pulled this from the link above.

I Can't Believe it's Not Butter spray has zero calories and fat ONLY IF YOU USE 1.25 sprays. WHAT!? Who does that? If you use any larger portion though.....you're screwed. And how exactly do you accomplish a .25 spray?One teaspoon bags 20 calories and 2 grams of fat. Most people never read that fine print. In fact, most folks I know claim to pour it on their rice, pasta, and bread because they truly believe it's a completely fat-free product. Who knows how many thousands of fat calories these poor people have been unknowingly consuming for years? Do you think it's fair and reasonable for them to advertise ZERO CALORIES on the front of the bottle?
    When I lecture on fitness I always address this topic, and I can't tell you how many jaws come crashing to the ground when I drop this information bomb. First looks I get are of shock. Second looks I get are of pure anger. They feel cheated and they have every right to. Of course, it would be nice if they read the ingredient lists which lists OIL as it's number two ingredient. But I still feel bad for the consumer, because they are lead to believe the product is completely fat-free and can be used at leisure. Fortunately though, I've found an amazing substitution which is legitimately fat-free, low in calories and delicious. I even bake with it!
    Smart Squeeze by SmartBeat (SmartBalance) is the product I discovered many years ago, when I caught on to the ICBINB deal. The main ingredients in Smart Squeeze are water, food starch, and salt. The serving size is one tablespoon which yields only FIVE calories and ZERO fat. The taste is spectacular as well, just like creamy butter. And if you don't trust me.......trust the thousands of folks I've introduced it to during those lectures. Do I work for Smart Squeeze? NO! Would they be smart to hire me? YES! That's irrelevant to you though.
    I make a habit of convincing my audiences that there are delicious and healthier options to butter and oil by walking around the room and squeezing a little drop of Smart Squeeze on everyone's finger. They all light up with excitement for the taste they love without the curse of weight gain to go with it.
    So. Having said all that. If you love ICBINB and don't care about all the fat, by all means....continue using it. (Or just stick to that 1.25 spray) If you're looking for a legitimate low calorie, fat free option........try Smart Squeeze by SmartBeat.
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Eh, that sucks! I use ICBINB spray on my vegetables - like I dunno, 5-8 sprays? Crap, gona have to rethink this now. Boo.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I like it on my popcorn! That's the only thing I use it for, so it's not very often. But you're only supposed to do a few quick spritzes- tastes delish!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I used to use it until I found out what was actually in it. Technically speaking it is not 0 cal either. But if a product has less than 5 cals per serving they are able to call it no-cal. That is why you don't pour it on food. That is why a serving is like 4 sprays. There's nothing there. Plus to be honest it doesn't taste like butter. And it doesn't "feel" like butter. Whenever I would spray it on a plate full of piping hot veggies or whatever you could just see the steam come right off leaving behind a dry veggie w/ little flavor. The only way around that is to pour it on which then defeats the no-cal part. Just get yourself a stick of butter and use very sparingly, you're better off.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    The article also doesn't mention that there are 15 mg of sodium per 5 sprays.
  • lwillenborg
    Options
    I have used country crock light for years! I have also used the "I can't believe it's not butter" spray. I'll stick with my country crock!
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I found a mister that you can add your own olive oil for a spray. You pump it up and it uses air to spray the oil onto your pan.

Also, on a baked potato, I use plain low fat yogurt instead of butter. It tastes alot like sour cream.