No self sabotage...hopefully ;)

Options
Hey everyone...so...really working on losing some weight but also getting in touch with ME and paying attention to how I feel and WHY I fall off the wagon so to speak...

So- I started exercising regularly about 3 months ago and feeling great but got on the scale and weighing in pretty heavy so now trying to watch diet.

How do you not let one difficult day when you are over your calories sabotage your efforts?

Happy to meet you all!

Replies

• trinahutch
    Options
    Every now and then I have one of those days where I go over my calories. I honestly try not to think about it when I do, just give myself a "lax day", and do a little bit more exercise in the evening. If you don't let yourself have one day every so often where you don't have to think about food all day and the calories you're taking in, you'll be much more relaxed about losing weight. I try to give myself one meal a week where I have a glass of alcohol, a couple of pieces of chocolate, and eat what i really feel like eating. It stops the fact that I'm monitoring my calories feel so rigid. But don't let it become too regular, or counting calories is pointless.
  • bike4218
    Options
    I cycle 60 to 70 klms most mornings and have lost 3 kgs in 15 days. this week have had 2 bad days of drinking and eating crap so I decide to wake up tomorrow and start fresh. Every day is a new begininng
  • acely575
    Options
    Thanks so much! It is good to remember that this is a process....and every day is a new beginning! We are all human!
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I changed my focus to think that this is the time of my life where I am trying to live as healthy as possible. If I am exercising, pushing myself and making healthy choices in the kitchen . . .that is my goal. I have had to do a considerable amount of tweaking to figure out what I need to do to make the scale go down. It is a journey, and my goal is to stay on it, no matter what!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I just dont let myself feel sabotaged ,last night I had 3 jello shots 2 long island ice tea and some huge loaded baked potatoe thing at a bar.I was wayyyyyyy over my calories,but so what todays a new day.And last night was so much fun.
  • acely575
    Options
    This made me LOL since I made home made french fries when I got home from drinking with some friends last night. I got on the scale and I was down a pound this morning... ;)
  • utah_angel1971
    Options
    To be honest, one of the things i tell myself and all my friends, a little mint of wisdom (thanks to WW's) and just from my career training. Once in a while having those little treats, a small piece of chocolate, or that little bit of ice cream etc. is good for you. If you starve yourself of those treats on a regular basis all you will do is end up craving it even more, and end up binging on it, which makes you feel even more guilty. If you have chocolate eat dark, or a couple of the mini's, if you eat ice cream, eat blue bunny. We should never feel guilty for treating ourselves once in a while as long as its in moderation as long as we can have the will power to stop at just one piece of chocolate or we can stop at just one small serving of that sweet dessert. Dont beat yourself up, thats where people start to eat more is when they are stressed, disappointed, sad etc.