bodybugg advice

Options
I have been going back and fourth for a few months about purchasing a body bugg. Has anyone actually used one? Did it help you lose weight or was it a waste of money?

Replies

• janruffin
    janruffin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of a bodybugg... what is it?
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a Body Media Fit ... it should get here on Wednesday. I will let you know when I get it...
  • jqf2
    jqf2 Posts: 18
    Options
  • jqf2
    jqf2 Posts: 18
    Options
  • Sumo813
    Sumo813 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have been going back and fourth for a few months about purchasing a body bugg. Has anyone actually used one? Did it help you lose weight or was it a waste of money?

I think it's very helpful. If you do, just make sure to get one of the longer subscriptions to it after the free subscription ends (well, prior to it ending). I hadn't used mine in a long time, but reactivated to use with this site. I found that the machines (recumbent bike and treadmill) are estimating WAY higher caloric burns. Although, with the bike, it's not real great to use. But I'd say it's better to err on the side of caution and log a lower caloric burn and be under, than to think you've got more calories burned than you actually do. The other great thing is that it allows you to see your 24 hour burn. It's a great investment, IMHO.
  • Jenn080203
    Options
    I just ordered a bodybugg and should have it by Monday, I will let you know!! I can tell you that one of the best fitness trainers in the world, Chalene Johnson (maker of Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, Chalean Extreme), speaks VERY HIGHLY of it and that is what inspired me to get it.
  • paulmmichaud
    paulmmichaud Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    My wife and I are also debating whether or not to buy this. In our case we'd have to buy 2 so this would be an expensive piece of equipment. I saw online we can get now 10 months free of the website service...but after that we would have to pay.

We both still have a lot of weight to drop...any others say whether or not this would help?
  • sl0327
    sl0327 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have had my bodybugg for 8 months. I love it. It is like any tool, if you use it, you will see results and if you are lazy with it, you won't. It is based on calories in/calories out, but also tracks fat, carbs, and protein. I like that it helps balance what those calories are made up of. You have to put effort into it to make it work (you log your calories), but if you are willing to do that, it definitely holds you accountable. :smile: