I wish the holidays would stop.

xp0sed
xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
Valentine's day, now Easter. There's too much chocolate and goodies around tempting me. I need to get through Easter then it's smooth sailing until Halloween. haha.

Replies

• caitlinclock
    caitlinclock Posts: 528 Member
    I hear that. I decided I'm going to give up all sweets and goodies for Lent which will make it easier for me. So from March 9th until Easter, at least, I won't be able to have those goodies! ;)
  • Haven't missed the sweets. I now fix a daily banana berry smoothie and I feel like I am getting a milk shake every day. yum
  • Don't forget the birthdays. Cake and ice cream can be tempting a well. Any hints on talking yourself out of indulging in all the treats?
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Not in this house! We have Saint Patty's day, Easter, then a birthday, then another birthday, then another birthday, then Halloween, then Thanksgiving, Then Christmas. LOL!!

Just gotta know that losing weight feels way better than eating crap. And....I just don't buy crap. Not even for my kids. Maybe some candy for them, but none for me. :-) Well, M&Ms aren't so bad.
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Don't forget the birthdays. Cake and ice cream can be tempting a well. Any hints on talking yourself out of indulging in all the treats?

My birthday is right before Halloween, no one else ever has cake. haha

I've purchased a couple things to help my sweet tooth - Fat Free chocolate pudding, jell-o, 90 calorie ice cream bars and I make some low calorie chocolate chip cookies that I keep in the freezer.
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    meeee toooooooo! i have a crazy sweeth tooth. i swear i gained 4 lbs just from candy cane hershey kisses over christmas, because i know i was good at all the dinners we had. and dh gets me the best locally made swiss chocolates for valentine's day.

birthdays are easier for me because i bake those angelfood lush cupcakes then i allow myself a single serving of sherbert. the trick is to make sure the kids all eat it up, or send home leftovers with the guests!
This discussion has been closed.