My Turn To Brag a Little..

Options
Amajoy
Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
Hi everyone I would just like to report my success so far after 1 mo. and 1 week. I met with my trainer for my one month follow up and the results are in! First I would just like to say that the scale is DEFINITELY NOT everything, ladies and guys, please make sure you are tracking inches and your BMI, dont let that scale discourage you like it did me that last two weeks.

My Starting weight was 183, I originally lost 8-9 pounds by week 3, week 4 I gained... My current weight is 178 (per their scale) So my trainer said I lost only 5 lbs.

BUT!!!! I have lost a total of 6 1/2 inches, 2 1/2 of those inches is from my waist alone. My BMI is going down, and I lost a total of 4 lbs of solid fat!!!! Not water, not muscle, but pure UGLY fat!!!! WOOT WOOT!!!!!

I am SUPER excited to see the results in inches and even though the scale is slowly moving I have done an EXCELLENT job, this is giving the motivation I need to keep pursuing my goals!

SCREW THE SCALE!!! HAHAAHAHAAHA! :drinker:

Replies

• scrappymomma
    scrappymomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nice job!:happy:
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wanna get my measurements too..... Buutttttt all i have is the you know.. stiff little measuring tape. I dont have a clue where to buy a cloth measuring tape..
  • SayLiLIG
    SayLiLIG Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    OH! And AWESOME job girly!

Sorry that was totally rude of me not to congradulate you on your amazing inch loss!
  • kadye
    kadye Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use the measuring tape that came with my sewing kit. It works great.
  • pecket83
    Options
    THAT IS AWESOME! Keep focusing :drinker:
  • Amajoy
    Options
    I wanna get my measurements too..... Buutttttt all i have is the you know.. stiff little measuring tape. I dont have a clue where to buy a cloth measuring tape..

Go to a craft/sewing store, like michaels or joann's, heck even walmart should have them in their craft section.
  • goohan
    goohan Posts: 155
    Options
    Wonderful!!! well done
  • Amajoy
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :blushing:
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!! You must be feeling great!! :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Great job, track those inches!!!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    great job! keep it up!
  • kimeister
    Options
    Inches always trump pounds, no doubt about it. Congrats! You're doing awesome.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah screw the scale!! You are doing great! Keep it up.
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    Awesome, I know what you mean about the scale... my scale apparently broke, and when i bought a new one, I was depressed after I saw how much I weighed... Then I found out I could fit in a size smaller pants and when I did my measurements I was losing inches....
    Keep up the good work.
  • erzille
    erzille Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    great job. I should have measured when I first started I regret not doing that.
  • veromancha
    veromancha Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the scale!!! it's been almost 2months and I only lost 8lbs but my clothes are getting a lot more bigger and I feel great!!! I am not going to let the scale bring me down!!!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!!!! You go girl!!!! Thankyou for sharing your story. Once again I needed to hear that the scale is not the finale say. Even though my clothes fit loser and I feel healthier, I still have that love/hate relationship with the scale. Thankyou for reminded us it's about how we look and feel and not about that dreaded number!!!!!!! No one sees your number, they see the total package and a healthier package is awesome!!!!
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!