how much water

Options
Ok, maybe it's cause I'm dense or because I'm english (I use that excuse a lot) but how much should I be drinking to get my water intake per ay correct? I know it says glasses & I've heard someone say that's 8oz buuuuuuuut I have no idea what that means! Could someone tell me in pints? (I suck at converting).

Also I've heard people say this is too low? How much does everyone else drink?

Ta x

Replies

• soriakyte
    Options
    You should have 4 pints of water daily.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    There are 8 ounces in a cup. That's generally what's referred to as a 'glass'. 2 cups in a pint, so you'd need 4 pints a day or 8 'glasses'. That adage is basically bull**** anyway, so just make sure you drink a lot of water.

Some people will tell you to drink half your body weight or more in ounces a day as well. There's no real set formula for it. Its really just about making sure you stay hydrated.
  • kidakiwi04
    Options
  • hannahncakes
    Options
    Thanks guys :happy:
  • superninjatam
    superninjatam Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The 8 glasses of water is another peristent myth that needs debunking. There is only one rule that you should follow. Drink water when you are thirsty. And try and have a glass before each meal to help fool your stomach into feeling full. Ok that's two rules!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1583752/No-benefit-in-drinking-eight-glasses-of-water-a-day-scientists-say.html
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    And there are others that say you should drink water based on your weight and tons of other factors. I'd say drink when you are thirsty and substitute water for any other high calorie drinks when you can. Your body will tell you if you need more water (dry mouth, bloating, etc). Good luck!
  • sandradickie
    sandradickie Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have ALWAYS heard that if you wait until you feel thirsty, you are starting to get dehydrated. ALL experts and diet gurus that I have ever read or heard recommend a MINIMUM of 64oz per day (4 pints) I would try to drink at least that amount. I personally try to drink twice that, but I have a lot more weight to lose and have been drinking the water for years!! Good luck.: )
  • RhondaCS
    Options
    Actually, if you wait until you are thirsty to drink, you are already dehydrated... You should drink as much water as you can. Your body is made up of mostly water, and you can't get too much. There is no set "rule" as to how much you should drink, though. If you get a drink every time you pee, you will stay hydrated and get enough to drink, because the more you drink, the more you pee. Then the more you pee, the more you drink. :-)