Wanted to introduce myself

Options
Hey y'all. I wanted to introduce myself and hopefully find some buddies to go through this journey with. A little about myself: I'm 31 yrs old, right now my starting weight is 326, my goal is not necessarily a number, but to feel better and put myself in a position to start a family. I'm engaged to a wonderful man, we are getting married in September. We want to start a family soon there after, but with the weight I'm at now, it's not healthy. I'm at the biggest I've ever been. I had surgery in November of this past year, and weight just piled on afterwards. Between being stuck in the hospital for weeks and then dealing with him deploying, my life has been turned upside down.

I'm currently in a 26/28 and my goal is to get into 18/20 by summer time.

Thanks for reading.
~C~

Replies

• BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    You can do it! Just take small steps and realize that its the hardest thing you'll ever do..but its SO worth it! keep ur head held high and believe in yourself.
  • maz123
    maz123 Posts: 63
    Options
    welcome and good luck with it. you sound motivated now so thats a good way to be. good luck :)
  • FromFlabtoFab_13
    Options
    You can do it! I'm in the same boat with you girl..I have over 100 lbs to lose & I started 2 days ago! The important thing is to stay positive, don't get on the scale too much, and make sure you have a good support system. This website has wonderful people on here that are here for you, including myself! I wish you the best in your journey, and just know you have a friend here!
  • randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: Add me if you'd like!
  • peachyisthelife
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome! I joined a few weeks ago myself and I'm surprised how much it's motivated me-and this was all before I joined the friend part of this site! Having children is the most wonderful thing in the world, I wish you much luck so you can have that beautiful gift, too :) You're welcome to add me as a friend!
  • bassetthree
    bassetthree Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The first step is getting here so you have already started toward your goals. I wish you much success! Sorry to hear your husband is deployed. Just imagine how surprised he will be when he returns home to his healthy wife! Glad you're here. Add me if you like.