Its 3:00 in the afternoon and you only have 300 calories lef

Options
Somehow, I managed to eat most of my calories already. If you only had 300 cals left for the day, how would you spend those calories, and at what times?

edit for typo

Replies

• tsmith6569
    Options
    lean cuisine meal if you're in a hurry and supplies are limited;

broiled fish and vegetables otherwise OR
  • thelassiemickyjames
    Options
    I'd have either a microwave pre packaged meal, which are delicious and sized appropriately for dinner, and usually under 300 calories, or I'd make a peanut butter, egg salad, or tuna sandwich on low cal (45 calorie/slice) bread. No need to feel like 300 isn't enough for dinner!
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Good idea - I could have two tilapias and practically a whole bag of cauliflower, couldn't I??
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Can you make some homemade vegetable soup? You could have some Laughing Cow cheese and crackers with it. You might even be able to add in a piece of fruit too.
  • Sandikh
    Sandikh Posts: 116
    Options
    I'd do some exercise to 'earn' more calories....LOL
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I would either:
    A.) workout to earn more cals.
    B.) Just eat clean and healthy and log it, (one day over won't destroy your work)
    OR
    C.) Workout
  • scoboli
    Options
    Fully cooked shrimp can be good if you like it. It usually ranges from 70 to 90 calories for 3 to 4 ounce servings. The amount of calories and ounces depend on what brand you get. But it is good, especially if you have a George Foreman grill. Take the tails off and put it on the GF grill for 3 1/2 minutes. Or just eat them the way they are.
  • jackwillangus
    Options
    Headphones on. Go for a 30 minute walk. Maybe even bust into a light jog. Give yourself a few more, then go for a John West Tuna & Beans, 185g for the rest of the day. Very filling.
  • cindyg86
    Options
    Save it all for dinner...

4 slices turkey bacon - 60 cal
    2 eggs - 160
    2 slices 45&delightful bread - 90
    2T sugar free preserves - 20

That takes you to 330 total but such a filling meal!
  • paleslypink
    paleslypink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Kosher Dill Pickles might be a good thing to snack on. There are 0 calories so feel free to eat them up =)
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would pick up my bike and ride for an hour...If weather has terrible I would put a DVD and exercise...
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'd do some exercise to 'earn' more calories....LOL

I was thinking the same thing! I did that the other night. Had planned on taking a day off to rest, but was soooo hungry when I got home from work that I did my strength training challenge so I could eat...LOL.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    If I only had 300 calories left, I would plan out a light supper (200 calories) and a light snack (100 calories)

Supper: 5:30 to 6:30 pm
    - 1/2 can of green beans (35 calories)
    - 1/2 Tablespoon peanut butter (50 calories)
    - serving of baby carrots (35 calories)
    - grilled tilapia or chicken 3 oz. (80 calories)

Snack: 2 or 3 hours later- 7:30 to 8:00 pm
    - Packet of almonds or a container of weight watchers yogurt

Good luck!
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I would do 4 oz of salad, 3 oz of baked chicken, a few slices. Of cucumbers, tomato, a few olives, and 2 TBSP of a low Cal dressing

PS that was my lunch with the exception of the olives, ran out {sad face}
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Kosher Dill Pickles might be a good thing to snack on. There are 0 calories so feel free to eat them up =)

Actually, pickles are about 5 calories per spear... 20 calories per whole pickle. And VERY high in sodium...
  • trudypickles
    Options
    I cant see your diary, but if you are on a 1200 cal goal at 5'9" I would consider upping your goal, Im only 5'7" and on my rest days when I do no cardio I really struggle to stick to 1200...like today for example I am at 1400+ I havent changes my goal cos on exersize days with the extra calories ir works for me, I just allow myself to go over guilt free on non exercise days..and stick to healthy food (ish) lol x
  • paleslypink
    paleslypink Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Actually, pickles are about 5 calories per spear... 20 calories per whole pickle. And VERY high in sodium...

Really? The jar of pickles I had purchased the other day said they have 0 calories per serving. Good to know. Sodium isn't something I'm watching. My GI nutritionist just wants me under 1800 calories a day so that's basically what I've been striving for.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Continue eating throughout the day with healthy, low calorie snacks like veggies and homemade salads and whatnot. It's not a big deal to me since I work out at night and burn so much, it wouldn't be detrimental to my intake.

But that's what I would do. As a general answer, I'd recommend to just throw in some cardio since it's still relatively early in the day, assuming you have no plans that will clash with making time for a workout. And remember, like calories, cardio is cumulative, so you don't have to do a big burn all at once, unless you want to of course. You can spread out your cardio in short bursts throughout the day. Personally, I would do short bursts of intense cardio to maximize calorie burning potential.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Are you able to exercise in order to "gain" some extra calories? Otherwise, there are a ton of healthy things you can eat- fruit, veggies, fish, chicken, etc.
  • wills2be
    Options
    I would do some exercise to earn more calories :)