Mexican anyone?

Options
I just found out we're going to a Mexican restaurant for dinner later. Any suggestions on low cal meals? I'm not a big fan of vegetables...

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    When I get Mexican, I get fajitas and package up 1/2 right away. I also skip the sour cream and guac. Enjoy!
  • RVLMonavie
    Options
    Keep the meat and skip 1/2 the tortillas, it you can take the heat have the pico de gallo or salsa and guacamole hot it helps the body heat and burn some calories, order fajitas but no pork or tamales. Enjoy you meal, have the lemon handy and freely pour it over your meat it cuts the fat.
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Maybe they have fish on the menu? I don't eat fish so I dont know if fish tacos etc. are super high calorie.

I like the fajita idea to box up half.
  • ThatDollSally
    ThatDollSally Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Look at the salad menu. Some places have a fajita salad where it's the vegies and seasoned meat on bed of lettuce w/o the tortillas. The big thing is to stay away from the cheese, sour creme and guacamole. I know it's hard (I'm a HUGE sour creme fan!) but pico de gayo is extremely flavorful and has very few calories since it's just tomatoes, onions and cilantro. Sometimes's there are jalepenos in it too, so you may want to ask about that.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I usually get the chicken or mushroom quesadilla appetizer at the local Mexican restaurant here..with a side salad and a side of pico de gallo. But since you don't do vegetables..you may not want to do the mushroom.