am i too big for 30 day shred?

Options
Everyone has been going on about about it and I really want to try it but I've seen Jillian on biggest loser and I'm scared :laugh:

also, if she thinks you can lose that much in a month, I'm assuming its quite high impact?

I'm 266lbs by the way (cannot even believe I've just typed that :embarassed: )

Replies

• nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    It is a good workout. She has one girl that modifies the exercises so if you can't do the hard one, just follow the other girl. You sweat like crazy but many people have had good success with her. Good luck!
  • megamunch
    Options
    Thank you. I didn't know she had someone doing an easier version. That makes me feel alot better about trying it out now
  • nikkih7869
    Options
    Hey Hun! I just commented on another one of your posts!

As I was saying I really cant comment as I dont know much about these DVD's but I really really really recommend Turbo Jam! I am also starting up a little challenge with a few other guys on here, where we are going to follow a routine basic or advanced and record our weight/ inch loss every week! Just something to get us motivated and so we can all encourage each other! If you do end up purchasing Turbo Jam feel free to join us xxxx
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    I'm 104kg (229 pounds) and 51 years old and I'm doing the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I am now on day 14. Staying on level 1 for now. I say give it a go. I must say the first time I was shocked with how hard I found it, I think I did 2 days then took about a 7 day break then a couple of days again etc. This time I have stuck with it for 14 days. I am really pleased with how much stronger I feel. I'm not really losing great amount of weight or inches (yet). But its good how I feel. Just do what you can and build on it. The first lot of cardio, jumping jacks and jump rope, I still don't get all the way through, so I march on the spot. I just do what I can and at the speed I can.Some days I'm better than others. I only use 1pound weights. I wish you all the best.
  • Cudders
    Options
    The workout is quite short, just three circuits and each circuit includes just 2 minutes cardio. The cardio is high impact, like jumping jacs and running in place but you can always start out with the beginner version like demonstrated or even do a low impact version, like just extending one leg to the side in place of jumping jacks. The most important part is that you really do challenge yourself and keep moving. And she's not that scary, really encouraging instead. Good luck! :smile:
  • megamunch
    Options
    Hey Hun! I just commented on another one of your posts!

As I was saying I really cant comment as I dont know much about these DVD's but I really really really recommend Turbo Jam! I am also starting up a little challenge with a few other guys on here, where we are going to follow a routine basic or advanced and record our weight/ inch loss every week! Just something to get us motivated and so we can all encourage each other! If you do end up purchasing Turbo Jam feel free to join us xxxx

thanks nikki. do you know if turbo jam are available in the uk? if not i may have to get it shipped here and buy a multi regional dvd player
  • faith8258
    Options
    Try some of the shapely girl DVDs. They work you really hard but they are easy to follow. She has all different size women working with her. If you try to do too hard a DVD it is easy to get discouraged.
  • megamunch
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I'm going on amazon to order it now! :smile:
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    don't forget, not only can you modify any workout to suit you, you should be modifying all of them so that you are working within YOUR fitness range, which will improve over time.
  • sweetsexy43
    sweetsexy43 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I am at 277 not..when i started the Shred i was 280..i heard horror stories about it..but i did it anyway..im still on level 1 and have been for a few days. I love it...she is a beast i have to say..but as it was stated..you can do the moderated version..although if you look at the lady thats suppose to be doing it with Jillian..she cheats more than the other girl. Its nice you will luv it..Good luck!
  • funnythunder
    Options
    Hi there

I am 255lbs and i can do it. It's hard work but you really feel good about yourself when you've finished. There's one part in it when Jillian is talking about Jumping Jacks and says "I have people who weigh 400lbs and they can do...so can you!" I love that kick up the bum!! lol
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    At one point she says she had 400 lb people doing jumping jacks so I see no reason why you can't, lol!!

I've been doing it for about 6 days (not every day) and I haven't been using weights :blushing: . The first few days I ached like mad but I feel fine the day after now, so I've ordered some weights.

So what I'm saying is, you could follow the easier version and not use weights and build it up as and when you're ready.

Not sure Jillian would like my advice though. She'd make you go for it.
  • megamunch
    Options
    feeling very motivated now. can't wait to start it :bigsmile:
  • sooh2011
    sooh2011 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Cross posted with funnythunder!
  • nixxy74
    nixxy74 Posts: 106
    Options
    Everyone has been going on about about it and I really want to try it but I've seen Jillian on biggest loser and I'm scared :laugh:

also, if she thinks you can lose that much in a month, I'm assuming its quite high impact?

I'm 266lbs by the way (cannot even believe I've just typed that :embarassed: )

hey your not too big im 300 and doing davina and jillians workouts (i stress this its when i can as new job isnt helping me atm) also the gym so just take what you can from it and increase it everytime.if you stop...make sure you stop further along next time. I may even try a zumba class if i can!

I get bored very easily and need the excercise to feel interesting so consider doing a lot of different things. :)
  • mandykasase
    Options
    Thanks everyone

I'm going on amazon to order it now! :smile:

I ordered mine from amazon and i'm just waiting for it to arrive. When it gets here we can do it together if you want. I've seen jillian on biggest loser and i am scared out of my wits.:smile:
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    You can do anything you set your mind too Also, on the Dvd Jillian (when you almost wanna quit lol) Jillian says "C'mon I have 400 lb people who can do this So can you" So I'd say go for it
  • sexygenius
    sexygenius Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    i was 288.8 when I started..you might not be able to do some of the moves at first (like push ups, god I hate push ups) but you will eventually get better and better :) GO FOR IT!!!
  • glittersoul
    Options
    I'm 325 lbs as of today & 5'3" and I do the 30 day shred regularly. You can totally do it. Gotta be determined :) You can modify anything that you are having trouble with. Good luck :)
  • theTupper
    Options
    I started at 318 and do the 30 day shred. Only thing that sucks is jumping jacks as my gut hurts from flopping about (sorry for TMI).

I'm beginning to understand why you women-folk complain about your...uh...girls...when you exercise! haha