Hello, new to MFP and needs lots of support!!

Options
Hello,
Well here I go again. Another weight loss program to get back in shape. I had losted 62 pounds several years ago, but somehow (hmmm-wonder how) they found their way back to me. The good news is, I realized I needed to do something now after only regaining 30 pounds.
I had a fitness evaluation yesterday and boy am I out of shape! My flexability has all but left me, I'm 30 pounds overweight and I'm looking at surgery in 3 months (for my shoulder.) I'm scared I'm going to put on more weight during my recovery. It's time for me to get real about my health!!
I'm 48, active in the summer, but very lazy in the winter months. I live in the far north and hate the cold weather-so doing outside sports is not for me.
So, I joined a gym, signed up here and now dumping all the cookies and junk food out of the house!
I would love to make new friends here that are going down that same road as I am.

Replies

• tofeelwell
    tofeelwell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Congrats for acting before the next 30 lbs came back! When I started on mfp near 7 weeks ago I was doing the same thing, not letting myself go back to my worst. My weekly weigh is tomorrow but I had lost 7+ lbs last weigh-in. Use me a mfp friend if you like. For bad weather days or days when the time to go to/from gym won't fit in, have you tried a Wii program like Wii Fitness Plus?
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Try to make it a lifestyle change, long term, not just another short term weight loss program. Being healthy has so many benefits and you should keep it for life. Eating healthy, portion control, exercises.

There are many things you can do in winter (boy, I hate winter!) too. Gym, exercises DVDs, Wii (or similar) sport game, use the stairs at home, do some push ups, get a pull up bar @ home if you are up for it, jumping jacks, a walk around the block or further. Really endless choices.

Commit it for long term and you will be successful.
  • Hookerrn
    Options
    My sister just bought one of those Wi Fit programs. I'm just waiting to see how she does with it before I make the purchase. I made a promise to myself I would not buy anything that will just collect dust. LOLOL.
    Thank you for your support and I look forward to chatting often
  • jnwn
    jnwn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new here, too! Good luck with your efforts. I had shoulder surgery several years ago, so I know what you're going through! I hope the gym helps. It's good to be able to keep moving around as much as you can, and get a good physiotherapist after your surgery. :)