Light, moderate or vigorous.... which am I doing?!

Options
This is basically what it says on the tin... I never know if my exercise is classed as light, moderate or vigorous. I usually put moderate to be sure, but how do I tell? :)

Replies

• KikiinVA
    KikiinVA Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How hard are you breathing? Just a slight bit heavy? Mild. Can you still carry on a conversation in sentences? Moderate. Only get a word or two out at a time? Vigorous. Make sense?
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I always put "light".

That way, if I've done more, than go me! If not, then, I'm cool.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    How hard are you breathing? Just a slight bit heavy? Mild. Can you still carry on a conversation in sentences? Moderate. Only get a word or two out at a time? Vigorous. Make sense?

Sounds like when I was in labor.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    this is my made up way of figuring it out :

light --- when you are exercising you can talk with no problem at all

moderate --- when you are exercising, your breath has quickened and talking is harder.

vigorous --- talking is the last thing you want to be doing.
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would go for a HRM. I bought one and it definitely helps a lot! before having it, I just loges everything as light, and currently when I compare the calories burned (calculated by the HRM), even when I runlike a maniac, I never burn at the vigorous criteria. So, at the site, at least for me, vigorous in terms of calories burnt, is unreachable.
  • chicnsweet83
    Options
    Light exercise would be a walk, moderate would be a jog and heavy would be a run. If what you're doing is making you break a sweat, get hot and you can feel the burn, than I'd say that's moderate to heavy. Otherwise, it's just light activity!
  • sapphirelazuli
    Options
    Thanks folks! I think I'm logging everything pretty accurately :)