anyone interested in a 270 minutes/wk challenge?

Options
i know it's nowhere near as ambitious as the 360 min/wk or 3500 cal/wk challenges. but it's something. it's 4 and a half hours of something. i need a new number, besides the one on the scale, to motivate me! this one is both challenging and attainable (even with 4 kids).

so, if you're up for it.... it can be 270 minutes of cardio, strength, or a combination. anyone can join. you set your own goal. it can be more, but not less than 270 minutes. just commit to your weekly goal and post an update everyday as you tally up your minutes.

i'm starting monday (2/21-2/27). anyone want to do this with me?

Replies

• missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So this would basically be a challenge to work out for a least an hour a day for four days, with some sort of cardio walking or the gym machines...

I think I'd give it an attempt. I need a motivation to work out, whether it just be walking the dog or going to the gym. I wanted to take the kids hiking today, but I got bogged down in Saturday laziness.
  • keiarawr
    Options
    I'm in. I just got two new games for the Wii, so I should be good to go. :)
  • am_lowe
    am_lowe Posts: 113
    Options
    yep! it's 45 min, 6 days a week. or 54 min, 5 days a week. or however you want to get it in, as long as you meet 270!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    sounds like a plan, my 30 day challenge is almost over anyway lol
  • am_lowe
    Options
    so a few of us here... anyone else?
  • missygail
    missygail Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    yep! it's 45 min, 6 days a week. or 54 min, 5 days a week. or however you want to get it in, as long as you meet 270!

Cool. Okay I'll give it a go.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    Add me too - although I will tell you up front - I get 180 every Friday with a cleaning job I have. But I want to commit to 270 besides that, so don't add my Friday workouts for the challenge (in all fairness to everyone else.)

Thanks!
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    If we're still on for this
    65 minutes total today - 20 min. doing house cleaning, 20 min. on cooking and getting ready to do 25 min. on the Jillian Michaels Shred it Level 1.

Thanks,
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    41 minutes-walking dvd
  • skinimin
    skinimin Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I want to join this! I need the team aspect to motivate me. I know I'm a day late but I think I can catch up, get ready for an update in an hour!
  • am_lowe
    Options
    good to see so many on board! here's the link to the challenge for anyone who missed it....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/178156-270-min-challenge-2-21-2-27