Getting angry with negative points?

Options
How am i supposed to get my daily calories when I'm going overboard on my protein and fat? I have 670 calories left to go..... but I only have 2 fat left and 3 protein left. Even if I eat more fruits and vegetables, that will be going overboard on those..

I mean, come on, look at this:

http://i53.tinypic.com/2j1v5ah.png

Replies

• Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Its okay to go over on protein and fat isnt all that bad either if it is good fats
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    are you using the MFP percentage guidelines for percentages of macronutrients or did you manually enter your own to reflect how you eat?
  • trying2bepretty
    Options
    What is the MFP guidelines..? I'm just entering them on my own..
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    I think your protein is pretty low actually... my nutritionist said to eat about 125-150/day. However, that was recommended for me based on my whole picture... but maybe you should bump yours up some.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I rarely pay attention to the protein going over. I try to keep my fat under unless I know I'm eating "good fats" for the day. Then I don't care.
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    You can adjust your totals to shoot for nutritional goals that better suit your needs. For example I raised my goals for fats and lowered my goals for carbohydrates.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Can't really see the food diary... maybe if you made it public for a bit we could help you out more?

MFP defaults are 55% carbs, 15% protein and 30% fat. I changed mine to 45% carbs, 25% protein and 30% fat under the manual settings.
  • bobblebee77
    bobblebee77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im probably not being wise, but I've lost over 30lbs in the last 12 months and have only actually been paying attention to the calories, nothing else.

Obviously I do try to make sure my diet is balanced so they are not all high fat calories, but I havent found it has held me back at all.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Im probably not being wise, but I've lost over 30lbs in the last 12 months and have only actually been paying attention to the calories, nothing else.

Obviously I do try to make sure my diet is balanced so they are not all high fat calories, but I havent found it has held me back at all.

I agree...I'm mainly looking at calories and I try to keep my sodium under control so I don't swell up but it doesn't ruin my day if I'm over/under a bit!
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    don't stress! you'll be okay! :) a little protein and fat zig-zag is good for the body.
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    going over in protein is nothing. they just want you to get AT LEAST that ammount of protien :)

i go WAYYY over in protein purposely. and ive lost 17 lbs.