Wore my bathing suit out in public

Options
I was in public with a bathing suit! EWW lol This new gym I joined has an jr Olympic pool. I got a one piece and shorts today, but the shorts were way too short! My legs are soo gross. I have lose skin AND cellulite. So, I was very self conscious, but I said screw it! I'm paying to use this pool just like they are! LOL

Replies

• jessimacar
    Options
    way to go!! use that pool as your motivation and goal!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I can guarantee that other people are not judging you nearly as harshly as you are judging yourself. Enjoy yourself and try not to feel self-conscious. You're lovely.
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Oh! I think I saw you! You were that woman who was confident enough to get in the pool while I was hiding behind the treadmill. Good on you!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    *clap clap clap...............stands...........clapclapclapclap*

Standing ovation for you living your life! I am so sorry you have excess skin, but I can tell you as a human if I was in that pool area I would have been smiling ear to ear for the young woman who took hold of her life!!

Swim away baby!!:love:
  • mikjenna
    mikjenna Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Screw being self conscious is right!! If you live your life worrying about what everyone else is looking at then you won't be living. Good for you for JUST DOING IT! Trust me, everyone else is too worried about how they look in their suits to look at you. I used to remember that when I was running in those horrible skimpy plastic-ey running shorts with thighs that I felt were a gift from Lucifer himself. After awhile you just learn to be comfortable in your own skin. I also remembered how strong those thighs are and how they help me run and cycle.

And. . .you are lovely. . .to quote another poster, so if anyone was staring it was at the hot girl in the two piece.