3 Questions.....

Options
1) What are the most comfortable/affordable walking shoes?

2) What Wii Games are great for exercise (I have Wii Fit Plus)?

3) How often should a person weigh themselves?

If you have any answers, suggestions, funny stories, experience, please feel free to reply here.... Feel FREE to add me as a friend as well...

Replies

• Anidorie
    Anidorie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    3) once a week
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    2) In addition to Wii Fit Plus, I have Gold's Cardio Gym workout (which is mostly boxing) and I love it! I've heard good things about Just Dance but haven't tried it yet.

3) I may weigh in several times a week but I only record the weight once a week (on Fridays). Be sure to WI at the same time each day too.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    1. I love my Reebok Runtones. I don't run but try to walk alot.

2. EA Active is supposedly good

3. I 'weigh in' every friday morning before breakfast. I weigh myself other times as well but Friday mornings are the only weight that counts
  • Hsanders3961
    Hsanders3961 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1) I LOVE my Reebok RunTones. Very comfortable and I can feel the extra burn in my legs that they give me when I go walking.

3) once a week
  • sl0327
    sl0327 Posts: 14
    Options
    1.) This may vary from person to person based on arch and width. Go try on several. I understand being budget-minded, but don't skimp either. The right shoes can prevent certain injuries.

2.) I like the EA Sports game. It comes with a resistance band and works resistance in with cardio. It also monitors your heart rate throughout your workout.

3.) No more than once a week!
  • val1992
    Options
    1) I find the "New Balance" shoes to be really great and not to pricey here is a link to there online shop :http://www.newbalancetoronto.ca/category.asp?type=wrun

2)you should weigh yourself how u see fit ,some people find weighing in to be motivating and some don't so its all about how u feel .

Hope this helps :)
  • sspayne35
    sspayne35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    1.) I LOVE Asics! They are great.

3.) I agree with once a week! I always do Mondays...My friends always has done Sundays.

2.) Not too sure on Wii games...I've seen a lot of people use Just Dance 2 and Zumba for the Wii. I think I've seen Gold's Gym for the Wii as well. Lots of people seem to burn a lot of calories using those.

Good luck!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    1. I like my Reebok Retones (I think that is what they are called!)
    2. Wii.... EA Sports 2 is great, can't say enough good things. I also have heard that Zumba is great too, but don't have it. I have Biggest Loser; and it is great too, but I love EA Sports 2 the most!
    3. My weigh in day officially is Thursday am. But I "check in" on Mondays just to keep myself honest over the weekend! Find what works for you!
  • llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    2) In addition to Wii Fit Plus, I have Gold's Cardio Gym workout (which is mostly boxing) and I love it! I've heard good things about Just Dance but haven't tried it yet.

3) I may weigh in several times a week but I only record the weight once a week (on Fridays). Be sure to WI at the same time each day too.

I have Just Dance. It's a really fun game and you get some exercise, but, for me personally, I didn't think it was as good as the other ones. There's a lot of stopping between songs where my heart rate would go down. That's just me though. My sister loves working out with it.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Wii games: I have Zumba and Just Dance 2. I also have Wii Fit Plus. I prefer the Just Dance game the most, and the other two are both equally good second place qualifiers. I have EA Sports too but I got it about a year ago and I can't remember where I left it... So from what I recall, it was about the same level as the Fit and Zumba. Obviously JD2 is my favorite game workout! :love:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    1) Shoes were soooooo hard for me to find. I must have tried on like 50 pairs....from $10 to $180 a pair. They might feel comfortable for the 15 minutes while you walk around on carpet in the store, but once you get out on the road and walk a mile (or more)....ouch!

So, this is going to be TOTALLY lame. But I bought cheapy socks extra large, then bought shoes...and put the socks (2 layers) on the OUTSIDE of the shoe. That way I could go for real walk outside, and if they hurt my feet I could still take them back because they stayed clean and skuff mark free. I finally settled on a Nike pair that run about $60, but they are so worth every penny.

2) What Wii Games are great for exercise (I have Wii Fit Plus)?
    DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and Just Dance are fun. I didn't really like Wii fit. But I've only played at friends houses, I don't actually own any of these (yet!) lol

3) How often should a person weigh themselves?
    Once a week is how often a person "Should" weight themselves. My official weigh in days are Fridays. I like this day because its right before the weekend (when I'm more likely to go over calories etc)....and then it gives me the whole week to be good again.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    1) I think I'm walking in Men's Shoes..(Mazuki I think..? something like that) I've had to put dr. sholls gel inserts in them and are kinda comfortable. They are a size bigger then my usual size and am looking to get ladies shoes that are more low rise so they don't chap the back of my ankles when im wearing socks!!

2) I own Wii Fit complete pack, and find it to be fun. I like the yoga because its a good thing to go to when i need to stretch out..especially my back. I also own Dance Workout..which has mini games included..its kinda like the zumba/just dance ones is my guess.

3) Sometimes i weigh in 2-3 times a week because im curious, and wanting to know if i stay on track, but other then that I can be strong enough to weigh in on my official days, on Monday mornings. I do this because it keeps me on track during the weekends where i tend to splurge the most, sometimes I fail though.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    2) I have EA Sports Active 2, and I adore it. It really kicks your butt hard.
    There's two work out plans, a 3 week and a nine week, and you can pick easy, medium, or hard for the difficulty level. Each work out has you pick four days a week to work out and three "rest days". You also have two other options: trainer-created, and self-created. With trainer-created, you choose how long you want to work out, what difficulty level you want, and what you want to focus on (full body, upper body, lower body, cardio, or core), and it creates a full routine for you from warm-up to cool-down. With self-created, you make your own routine by picking from 70+ work outs including mountain biking, mountain boarding, basketball, soccer, and essential work outs like lunges and planks.
    The game comes with two sensors, one for your arm and one for your leg, so use of the wii remote is minimal. The arm sensor also doubles as a HRM, which helps calculate how many calories you're burning in junction with your fitness profile (height, weight, and age.)
    I've only played it a week, and combined with dieting, I haven't lost any weight in pounds because I'm building muscle quickly, but I've lost a pants size.
    As you can probably tell, I HIGHLY recommend it! :smile:

3) I've always heard once a week, but it really depends on your personality. If you're not the type of person that gets discouraged by the number on the scale quickly, every day is fine, but if you get discouraged easily, once a week is good.