Banana Brownies (Low fat!!)

Options
funkyspunky871
funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
I asked earlier if banana puree would work as a substitute for the oil required for a brownie mix. People kept telling me to use apple sauce, but I didn't have any! Thus why I asking about bananas. :) I went ahead and gave it a try anyways! They turned out pretty darn good. It was more a of a cake consistency, but that didn't seem to bother my family... Who ate them all!

Banana Brownies

1 box of Pillsbury/Betty Crocker brownie mix (I used Pillsbury Chocolate Fudge)
1.5 bananas
3 egg whites (or whatever conversion the box says to use)
1/4 cup water (subject to change again)

Puree bananas in a food processor and substitue as oil. My box called for 1/2 cup of oil, and it took 1.5 bananas to get 1/2 cup. Mix all ingredients together. Spray cooking oil on the bottom of pan (9x13, I believe) and pour batter in. Bake for the box's recommended time. Cut into 16 squares. (Or 24 to make even smaller servings)

Nutrition per 1/16th of recipe:
Calories: 151
Fat: 3g
(Not going to bother posting other info, because fat and cals is all I track... And this whole recipe is very versatile anyways)

Verdict: They were okay straight out of the oven, but they were AMAZING cooled down for a couple of hours. I don't know why, but they instantly became chewier. You can really taste the banana in it; good thing bananas and chocolate go together! If you have the extra calories to spare, I'd also recommend serving with a scoop of ice cream on top. :) Yum.

Replies