Hi. Trying to lose- no real support

Options
Hi. I'm new. Came here on an invite from a very good friend.

I'm an Army Reservist and have been for 22 years. I have ALWAYS struggled with the Army Standard for Ht/Wt- even when I was 130 lbs, I was "overweight" and had to be taped. I've only ever come close to the "table weight" once.

Today, the MAX allowable weight for me is 142 lbs if they measure me at 5'2", 146 if they get me at 5'3", which never happens anymore.

Unfortunately, that means that I am 60lbs overweight. If I want to make the "tape test" I have to lose about 5 inches in my hips and waist, but no inches in my neck. Its a whacked out system.

I've gained weight over the years because of a combination of inactivity, anti-depressants and horrible eating habits.

I don't have a support system other than my friend who sent me here. I am married, but there's no support there at all, as our relationship is strained.

Just looking for friends and support.

Thanks.

Replies

• SeaShell33
    Options
    you can add me if you want :smile: support ALWAYS helps!
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    We are all in it together on here and iI would love to be friends and offer as much support as possible. Please feel free to friend me if you wish. Good luck on your journey!
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    your in the right place... this site is awesome! Welcome!!!
  • Outlast717
    Options
    I'll be your friend!

I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I think it's important to know that we're all in this together.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • Kraven321
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We all need all the support we can get.
  • modifyinglife
    Options
    That's one reason why a majority of us join this site. You have us now, the support on here is amazing I love it =] Welcome abroad!
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!! This is a great site with a lot if support, information and motivation. Please feel free to add me if you'd like, I'm also a fellow Realtor :smile: .
  • dconner13
    dconner13 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! That sounds sooo super strict! Add me if you like! We are all in this for the same reason. To be healthy!
  • imagineaballoon
    Options
    This is a great group of people, super friendly and very, very supportive and helpful. Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends! :)
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You have absolutely come to the right place. TONS of support here!
  • Amyeeeeeee
    Amyeeeeeee Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh u poor thing, I was in a dead end relationship with my ex husband who used to put me down cause I was FAT. I know how you feel about not having the support. Im here for you if you need someone to talk to!
  • monicaP413
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your lack of support. I just joined this website a few days ago and feel that just keeping track of everything is a HUGE help. I have 2 friends on here and would love to have you as a friend as well. I love to read other people's progress. I am 5' 4" and although I was never in the military, I have always struggled with keeping my weight in the zone they recommend for my height. It's tough. You are in the right place, though, and I commend you for coming on here and sharing your fears with us!
  • Salli098
    Options
    i know what it like to not have the support. im new here too, just getting the hang of it all. Feel free to add me as a friend. We all need all the support we can get
  • gloria581
    gloria581 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Being in the reserve comes with some good benefits. If nothing else, think of that as your reason for getting healthier. Bottom line, if you don't lose the weight then you may be chaptered out of the reserves for being overweight. You don't want a DD214 that is a constant reminder of your weight problem.
    You need to focus and let us support you like only we can because we are all going through the same thing. Use the Food logs and track your calories...remember there are lots of foods out there that contain few calories so you don't have to worry about being hungry all the time.
    I am so thankful for this website because with it I have been able to lose weight 3 times faster than before. Please feel free to add me as your friend and we will help each other.
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You came to the right place for support. Feel free to add me as a friend. We're all in this together.:drinker:
  • harmonykay
    Options
    You can friend me if you want. We can help each other. Good Luck!!!!
  • toodleton
    Options
    Hey feel free to add me : ) Best wishes on your journey!