Favorite meal

Options
I don't know if this has been done yet or not, but I thought it would be fun to find out what everyone's favorite healthy meal was, so we have more options. Mine is easy:

Baked boneless, skinless chicken breast with Lawrey's seasoning salt
Asparagus baked with a little olive oil and garlic salt
Brown rice (with chicken stock instead of water)

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    homemade marinara over whole wheat noodles with grilled chicken breast on top, topped with parmesan cheese ( just a little)
  • monicaP413
    Options
    Yum! how do you make homemade marinara?
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    Pad Thai with tofu. It's made with peanut butter, lime, & cilantro. What's not to love? I plan on making some this week.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Sashimi ...
  • monicaP413
    Options
    Haha! I love pad thai! I lived in Thailand for 8 months and LOVE LOVE LOVE Thai food!!! I guess I never thought of pad thai as healthy, though.
  • monicaP413
    Options
    Yum! Love sashimi! I'm glad I asked. I get stuck in my own little bubble and forget that there are so many good things out there that are healthy!!
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love having steamed salmon. Just throw in anything you have left in the fridge (I usually have lemon/lime, ginger, onion and some herbs), add a dash of sesame oil and chilli, wrap in foil and whack it in the oven for a while. Such a simple meal, and tastes delish! Then serve with whatever veg I feel like that day (eg. brocollini, asparagus, bok choy, or an asian salad if I'm feeling adventurous.

Other favourites include Roasted chicken (Neil Perry makes an AMAZING stuffing that I've modified a little to make it less naughty :) ) and mushroom risotto.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite is a dish I made up that I call Italian Shrimp Happiness. I saute garlic (lots of) and bell pepper, add raw shrimp, white wine, fresh lemon juice,crushed red peppers and italian seasoning and simmer. I then add a can of stewed tomatoes (drained- no salt added) and kind smash up the tomatoes as this simmers and reduces I boil rice noodles (I'm allergic to wheat barley and rye so you could use what ever you want). When the noodles are done I drain them and serve. Usually I just eat a goodly bowl of this but if I make it for company I'll serve a green salad.

In fact... I might do this for dinner today. mmmmmmmmmm.

Great topic by the way.:drinker: