exercise dvd's with GOOD music on them?

Options
I like a variety of options to exercise to...but I HATE exercise videos that just have random and unrecognizable music on them. Does anyone know of any that actually have good, upbeat songs that I would know on them? Anything that makes you move...even back to the 70's stuff is fine, but I just don't like it when it's not something that makes me feel motivated, if that makes sense.

Replies

• chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    If you have a video you like, once you know the routine and don't need to hear them talk you through it, why not turn the volume down on the video and play the music of your choice on the stereo? That way you can change it up as often as you like.
  • lisa4kids
    lisa4kids Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    well, I had thought of that, but matching the tempos of the video to the music would be difficult.
    If I can't find one, I'll just have to find different ways to exercise, I guess. I don't understand why they can't make videos with good music on them rather than just a boring beat or music that no one has ever heard of.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I suspect it's because if they were to use popular music, they would have to be licensed by the artists to distribute it, which would make their expenses go through the roof and in-turn make their videos difficult to price competitively.
  • SafariLara
    Options
    the music on turbo jam is decent but not amazing
  • lisa4kids
    Options
    I figured it was something like that. I was just sort of hoping there might be something out there. I may just have to make a compilation of my own stuff and not do the videos.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    ZUMBA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me, you'll love it!
  • CatseyeHardcast
    CatseyeHardcast Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I think exercise music in general can be a tad crappy. I love a variety of music but find all the spin classes etc I do have bad top 40 stuff in them (hope I didn't offend anyone)

there is one instructor I have who uses a variety (including some old rock from the 70s). This makes his classes alot more interesting. Anyone have some good exercise playlists they want to share?
  • aprylkemper
    aprylkemper Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is really good music - I think it is improved from Turbo Jam to really get you pumped up :)
  • purplespeckle
    Options

I agree -- Zumba!
  • lisa4kids
    Options

The regular Zumba videos or Zumba for Wii....what would be the best choice?
  • purplespeckle
    Options
    In my opinion the Zumba Dvd's would be better than the Zumba on Wii
  • lisa4kids
    Options
    In my opinion the Zumba Dvd's would be better than the Zumba on Wii
    thanks...and they're cheaper!