sodium and scuba diving

Options
So here is the question answer don't matter but like to see what you all have to say about it.

Q: i scuba dive and clean ,and work on boats up to 6r a day in salt water. so do i need to log any extra due to the salt and crap ( oil maybe lol) in the water?????

Replies

• nevergonnagiveup
    Options
    I used to work a lot of hours in the water with scuba (recreational) and don't remember the water being an issue with my weight. If anything, I lost a lot of fluid due to the salt water. Yes people! You can become dehydrated whilst in salt water! :D I tried not to drink too much of the stuff! (unavoidable at some times with some of the students<G>):laugh:
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This has to be the most unique question I've ever seen on MFP.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options
    THANKS I TRIED ON THIS ONE
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This has to be the most unique question I've ever seen on MFP.
    Me too! lol
  • surfinusa555
    surfinusa555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think PADI has a specialty for that. I think it's called the Underwater Dieter cert.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    So here is the question answer don't matter but like to see what you all have to say about it.

Q: i scuba dive and clean ,and work on boats up to 6r a day in salt water. so do i need to log any extra due to the salt and crap ( oil maybe lol) in the water?????

Your body has a layer of oil on it, when in water that layer of oil dissolves and your skin will become pruny and actually dry out! You can become dehydrated from being in water for long amounts of time. BUT our skin is some what water resistant (NOT water proof) so you don't absorb much of the water. Some chemicals on the other hand can be absorbed through skin examples would be boat fuel has a high absorption rate. So to answer your question no you shouldn't log it but I would recommend drinking extra water and try to protect yourself from the chemicals :)
  • audcake
    audcake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think PADI has a specialty for that. I think it's called the Underwater Dieter cert.

Totally. I have this cert, actually. Some of the more difficult skills include making a turkey sandwich and consuming it while underwater.
  • EDBENAGLIO
    Options

Totally. I have this cert, actually. Some of the more difficult skills include making a turkey sandwich and consuming it while underwater.

spray cheese works great for a underwater snack