4 pound loss i 1 night, is it possible?

Options
I've woken up to a great sunrise just can't believe its right, I've noticed that my weight falls in a pattern, nothing for 4-6 days then a pound a day for another 4-6days and around again but yesterday I lost a pound and today 4!is that even possible?!

Replies

• VialOfDreams
    Options
    When did you start your weight loss? It's possible it is water weight. Is it possible that you worked out before going to bed? Did you drink more water and decreased your sodium intake?
  • louisat1982
    louisat1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That is amazing BUT you shouldn't weigh yourself every day, you'll become obsessed with it. Just weigh yourself once a week - same day and if you can same time! Did you do anything different the night before!? X
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in this too!

I don't think that 4lb in one night is possble, it could be a combination of drinking more water and possibly eating less, or you may have gone to the bathroom (TMI I know) beforehand when other times you didn't. The time of day matters also.

I'm making a big effort to stay away from the scale myself, and am limiting it to twice a week, same conditions each time. Strangely though, this morning I had gone from 154.4 to 151.8 in two days! I didn't believe it, so I re-weighed myself an hour later and it was still the same. Hrmmm. I'm sceptical, and it'll probably fix itself in the coming days, but I'll take it :laugh:
  • mrsnorman
    Options
    I've been on here for 6 weeks now and I didn't do anything differently at all yesterday or this morning, it just doesn't make sense! Lol
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    weighing yourself once a day is FINE! just know there will be fluctuations of 1- 10 pounds in either direction. pick one day as your official weigh-in day and record only those weights. my max fluctuation was 7 pounds (up) which i 're-lost' over the course of the next several days. the most i've 'lost' overnight was 4, which unfortunately did not make it to my official weigh-in day. :)

hormones, time of month, water, overdosing on salt, bodily waste, etc all play a factor in what you weigh.
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Based on your reply, I agree with the below poster:
    weighing yourself once a day is FINE! just know there will be fluctuations of 1- 10 pounds in either direction. pick one day as your official weigh-in day and record only those weights. my max fluctuation was 7 pounds (up) which i 're-lost' over the course of the next several days. the most i've 'lost' overnight was 4, which unfortunately did not make it to my official weigh-in day. :)

hormones, time of month, water, overdosing on salt, bodily waste, etc all play a factor in what you weigh.
  • laura4410
    laura4410 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I agree that weighing yourself daily is OK just as long as you realize the number is +/- quite a bit. Our weight fluctuates so much, so if you are the type where a + 4 lbs instead of minus would have been a big set back mentally then you are the type of person that shouldnt weigh daily. (all general YOUS of course :)) While you probably didnt LOSE 4 lbs overnight, its a good sign the scale is trending downwards and hopefully you will be just as surprised and happy on your official record day!

My weigh in day is Monday, but for some reasons on Wed my scale is always a few lbs lower. I have NO clue why. lol But I feel great on Wednesdays!! lol Maybe I should change my offical record day to Wed! The body and the scale are mysterious things. :)
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I can lose 3 lbs from when I go to bed to when I wake up.... It is more than likely jsut water weight.
  • katieseitz
    Options
    I'm tiny and according to my scale I lost 4 lbs overnight on my second day of joining here and counting everything I ate. Def water weight.