right i need help

Options
I have all new running kit and well now i don't have a big fat belly i can jog much better but the problem is i live on a army base , I'm embarrassed to be running around camp in front of all these fit men :( , help me guys give me the kick up the butt i so need to get off my butt and run around camp it's ideal really and i'd only need todo a few laps to burn so good cals but its just the thought of me hanging out half way round and me thinking what they are all thinking :blushing:

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about what they think,you cant let that stop you.Just slap on some headphones some music you love and lose yourself to it
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Just think of the way your body is getting fitter and the transformation they will see!! Running is great and helps so much with toning, they will definately notice the difference as time goes on! You go for it girl!!! :wink:
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It can be embarrassing working out in public. At first, I really had trouble taking Zumba class with these really young and small girls. You get over it though. Just do it and try not to worry what other people think. You're doing something good for yourself.
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
  • tammydspice
    Options
    I don't live on a base, but a lot of people run and walk in my area. I was so embarrassed when I first started running that I would stop when anyone came in sight and walk until they were out of sight. I was running in another town one day and just let it go. I thought, they don't know me, I don't know them, let them look, I need to do this for me and I did. I would run anywhere now in front of anyone and I just pretend there is no one around. So if you are not there yet, why not run somewhere off the base for a bit and then when you feel good about it start running from home.

All the best with it!!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I have never looked at anyone who is running or jogging (no matter what their shape) without thinking 'Good for you!!!'
    Think about it, what has gone through your own mind when you see anyone running or jogging? My guess is nothing but respect.
    Go for it!!!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Being a former military man and a current law enforcement officer I can tell you I see women running all the time. I really respect that they care enough about themselves and their family to make the effort. I say GO FOR IT.
  • Trotty2004
    Trotty2004 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can relate. There is a beautiful 10K trail around a lake near my house. I've been running for a few weeks now and thought I was up to a pretty good pace. Well when I ran on this trail yesterday everyone was flying by me like I was standing still. I was so embarrased, I eventually left and went running on an empty track down the street. I was convinced that the "Barbies and Kens" were lauging inside at the big girl trying to run. Afterward I was mad at myself for letting my imagination ruin what should have been a great run. I'm going to try it again tomorrow but I'm going to try instead to think of the Barbies as inspiration. If I am doing what they are doing, then soon or later I will look and move like them. After all, everyone has to start somewhere right??

2246980.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • dawny78
    dawny78 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    yay i did it hubby went with me and on second lap went off at his own pace for a bit then come back and run with me and we did a few sprints I'm shattered now it was hard work i have to be honest i didn't run up the hill i walked burned 470 cals good going me thinks :drinker:
    Now going for a nice hot bath.
    Thanks so much for the motivation .:smile: