Every journey starts with one step - This is mine

Options
Just went to doctor and my health is good and I would like to keep it that way............he said I needed to watch my sugar intake and thought this would give me the incentive I need to lose my extra pounds. So here goes!

Replies

• sturgill
    sturgill Posts: 118
    Options
    it was a good decision- I am also healthy but had almost 100 lbs to loose- have 40 more to go - so good luck -
  • lindaj13
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes. My biggest problem, and the one I want to conquer is sugar........my blood sugar is elevated and and was my doctor's only concern. He said I needed to monitor my sugar intake and that's how I found this site. Congrats on your weight loss, keep up the good work.
  • Peyton115
    Options
    I am fully convinced that sugar is the devil. haha. It is completely and totally my biggest weight loss obstacle as well. Good luck with everything!!!
  • lindaj13
    Options
    Just got back from supermarket and some good old fashioned label reading............what an eye opener!
  • lindaj13
    Options
    Just went to doctor and my health is good and I would like to keep it that way............he said I needed to watch my sugar intake and thought this would give me the incentive I need to lose my extra pounds. So here goes!

I just completed the first leg of my journey (1 week) and I am learning so much. I know now I must read food labels, be aware of everything I eat and I must shop wisely. Eating out is still a problem but at least I can control my behavior at home. After 1 week the scale rewarded me with a 3 pound loss, which is 3 times my goal.