Wii fit plus and just dance 2

Options
does anyone else do the Wii fit plus
I am looking for advice - do an hour a day but not sure if it is helping me aerobically
I have just bought just dance 2
Any tips on this also would be great
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• velvettte
    Options
    Love my wii fit! I bought the step accessory so that the step workout is actually meaningful. While I don't think the calorie burn rate is necessarily accurate, it seems to be a bit 'light on the burn'.... but at least I don't feel it overestimates the calories burned. I also have the wii active disc, which has some really awesome exercises on it.

Basically love the wii as a low impact, private way to exercise - but you really need to do it everyday I feel... :)
  • wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I have wii fit plus, but don't do that regularly. I use the EA sports active (first version and more workouts), as I find it a more complete workout, and it flows better. But I'm sure wii fit plus is good aerobically if you do the right exercises - like step, jogging, hula hoop, etc. And it shows the calories burned. I don't think the dance 2 shows cals burned, but is great fun from what I have read, and is sure to give a great workout.
  • louisat1982
    louisat1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whats the step accessory!? I only do wii fit as I'm not a fan of the gym plus a full time mum so do my wii fit when i can!
    Hula Hoop and the step routines are my fav plus some boxing every now and then - would be great to know what you both think
  • lagosgal
    Options
    I have the wii fit plus and I use it occasionally. I prefer the EA Sports Active. I've used 1 but am currently using 2. I think the flow is better and you get really complete workout sessions. I think the Wii fit step is great when I want to exercise and watch TV but you can ramp up the step game by using a step accessory. I bought my on Amazon. It's made by Logic but there are other makes.
  • louisat1982
    louisat1982 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So you recommend EA Sports Active to the wii fit!?
  • shelliewu
    Options
    I have Just Dance 2 for the Wii and love it! My kids and I do it together. We do 30-45 minutes a day. I put it as 'dancing general' for my exercise but not sure the calories burned is accurate. I'm thinking of buying a heart rate monitor to get a better count.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i use the wii fit if i cant or dont get out to run. i think the advanced step and the boxing ones are the best. esp since it gives time to both upper and lower body so you can rest one while you do the other.

the other thing to use is boxing in the wii sports. tho it wont give you a time or calorie read out.
  • velvettte
    velvettte Posts: 14
    Options
    So you recommend EA Sports Active to the wii fit!?

I like both. The EA Sports seems to get my heart rate up better than the wii fit plus - I do the 30 minute high tempo step workout. But the wii fit plus has more variety, and you can burn calories doing things like the bicycle or boxing, or the obstical course... All are good :) I have worked out the main key to all of them is use it regularly! The more often you do it, the more likely are the results.
  • velvettte
    velvettte Posts: 14
    Options
    Whats the step accessory!?

It is a block you put the balance board on to convert it to about a 7 inch step. I got mine from a sports store, but the major chains should have them also
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I like the wii fit and do the free step frequently. I have the risers for the step to make it more of a workout. I really like the rythm boxing too.
  • mommy2josh
    Options
    i have the first Ea Sports active workout and the more workouts. I have tried the wii fit game and dislike it alot. if you're looking for a workout , i'd def. go with the Ea sports active, there's a #2 also which i hear is even better. you can make up your own workouts or do the preset ones. the step in more workouts is better then wii fit. if you do 30 mins, i burn 300 cals with my hrm, its repetitve, but it does the job! there are all kinds of thing to add or take away. sports drills, running, stretches, abs, resistence, skipping (depending on which you get) i think #2 has all of this. plus more.