Lets talk about Damn you look good moment!

Options
Havent we all all had that moment when someone from your past rejected you or didnt go out with you because they maybe thought you didnt look good enough for them or didnt give you the time of day? About 2 weeks ago I ran into someone that I asked out about a year ago and she didnt give me the time of day and totally blew me off. I ran into her at grocery store and she said and I quote " OMG you look awesome." I said...." Yeah I really do dont I" and I walked away. I know thats usually not the way I am but some people just need some of their own medicine. Everyone has to have some good stories about this. Im single and feeling good about future dating. I want to hear some good stories...

Replies

• kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Mine was when my son's friend called him on the phone to tell him there was a "Hot Lady" in front of his house. I'm 44 years old and this kid is 18. My son was horrified and sickened by the whole incident, but it made me realize just how far I've come.
  • DaisyMoo86
    Options
    totally agree with you hunni :-) bet u felt amazing!!! i cant wait to run into every guy thats ever knocked me back, and there are quite a few,......its going to be a great day when that happens xx
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting for the day i run into my ex and he sees what he has lost out on :D xx
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    After my divorce, I lost 60 pounds. I let my hair grow long and threw away my momma jeans. Went to the airport to fly to Dallas and got stopped by security because I looked nothing like my drivers license!
  • tiffsNEWlife
    Options
    I love those moments!! I had a friend of mine lose a lot of weight and look at me and say... "you should try it". Nice friend huh? Well needless to say we haven't really talked since. I saw her the other day, well she had gain most of the weight back. She looks at me and says "wow you really look good" I said, "yea, you should try it" Nice dose of their own medicine :flowerforyou:
  • pen282
    pen282 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Its a great feeling itsn't it! Iv slowly been losing weight, and thanks to being on here, a further 12lbs to date.. My soon to be father in law, and a man I work with have both said recently, have you lost weight, your looking very svelt (sp?)... it was a great feeling - especially as both are the kinda guys to either not notice, or not mention weight to a woman!!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    lol Well I certainly can understand wanting to throw something back because deep down it's how I feel sometimes, especially with my ex husband, then I fall back. I guess in my world and my reality is I chose to change and do this for me. I love the ME I am becoming, and I hold no records of wrongs the way I used to so my need to throw something back in the face of my rejections isn't even a thought anymore. I have gotten more than my share of incidents like that with so many people who just totally judged me because I have to admit I was just huge for way too long, but now i'm so gracious and I smile and just say wow thank you so much that means alot coming from you. And usually when I go into song about how they made me feel once upon a time, omg you should see the expressions. It doesn't even come from a place of gloating or even being scorned, just a matter of fact with some down home real talk and I realize not only do I grow from it all but they do as well. Anyway that's my two cents.....I loved the comment btw from the young lady who said her driver's licence doesn't look like her. I keep saying I need to change mine. I look so huge and even greasy like I smeared chicken all over my face lol. I want a new pic!
  • gilliland24
    Options
    that is great!! good for you!! there are a few people i can't think of off the top of my head i would like to do that to!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Love it!
  • Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I so am looking forward to this moment...
    Before when I have lost weight I remember how good it felt when someone said I looked good...It has been way to long:grumble: I'm ready for it! I know when it happens I will want it even more and push even harder:wink:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Good for you : ) I have def had several peeps who have known since me before I lost the weight (no one who blew me off or anything like that) who have just staired at me..lol..its pretty funny!
  • jewelzz
    jewelzz Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Mine was my ex,before I left him I started loosing and at the end of our divorce I was looking and feeling pretty dammmm good.(he is a proffesional body builder).he wanted nothing to do with me before that and after its all he wanted,I said oh sorry to late so sad sucks to be you!
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm so freaking hyped about loosing weight and my goal is beginning of June. That's when my bf is coming back home . Im not even telling him i'm working out, I'm just going to totally surprise him at the airport!
    That's where I get my motivation from every day!
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I've never had one of those moments... Even when I was training 8 hrs a day 10 years back it never happened, I have always been this ugly.
  • ceebs9
    ceebs9 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    That's a good feeling, huh, Polo. Good for you!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    There is a guy that is usually hawking his wares in front of a store that I have to walk past every day when I go to the gym. He's in his late 20's, early 30's - nice looking kid. When I started going, he never said two words as I walked past. As I lost the weight he started making little comments like I was working hard, and looking nice. At the end of last summer I walked by and he said "Damn you look good enough to go out with, wanna hit a movie?" I told him that besides the fact that I'm married and he's a little young for my tastes, he wasn't looking good enough for me to go out with him." I'm not usually a ***** because I know what its like when people say nasty comments based on your looks but don't ignore me fat then chase me thin, not happening.

Last September had a family reunion - saw some people I haven't seen in 10 years. I had cousins coming up and introducing themselves to me because they did not recognize me. Thought I married into the family, lol.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I'm always surprised when someone at work notices my weight loss. It's really satisfying to have the size change acknowledged. The next question is always "what are your doing" :-) My old boyfriend works about three blocks down from my office,and I walk that way often over my lunch hour. I really hope to run into him and see his reaction.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    That is a very nice pay back is a ***** story! it's amazing that people think you won't remember how they made you feel the first time around. No folks we were FAT, not STUPID!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    i'm waiting for the day i run into my ex and he sees what he has lost out on :D xx

Me too!
  • Lexie28
    Lexie28 Posts: 219
    Options
    That is absolutely hilarious....good for you. You must have felt fantastic!!!! Hope I have a moment like that one day too!!!

Cheers