Hey everyone!

Options
Hi, my name is Ratosha and I'm a 19 year old college student with fifteen credit hours/week and work 30 hours/week at Walmart with *****y people all day. I graduated in 2009 and have gained seventy pounds since then. :( I need POSITIVE motivation to get my *kitten* off the couch and into gear. I am 5' 2" and weigh 196 pounds. Gross! The motivation I get- "You used to be so pretty"- doesn't help. I need some support!

Replies

• Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    First of all, you're pretty no matter what. It truly IS what is on the inside.. you could weigh 120lbs and still be a jerk (and I'm putting that nicely). You should be making the decision to lose weight for yourself and NOT what other people say or think about your weight. It's none of their friggin' business. It's yours and yours alone. Remember that! You can always lose the weight, but those people will *always* be insensitive jerks. (Again, PG13.)

I'm new here, too. Welcome aboard...
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Hi Ratosha, well done on graduating, I am 42 and trying to get my degree now! We are all here to support and help each other in any way we can. Just for the record; you are really pretty. :flowerforyou:
  • LynnMcDeal
    Options
    Hi, Ratosha.

I hope that's not your friends that give you that "positive" motivation!!

I've only been here for a couple of weeks -- have lost 3+ lbs. I think this is a great site. Really an eye-opener as to how many calories you're putting in your body for such a small moment of YUM!! (For example, the 5 Girl Scout cookies I ate in a moment of weakness yesterday . . . 200 calories! *yikes!*)

I think if you track your food daily, you'll really start watching what you're eating -- and don't forget to exercise a bit whenever you can -- five days a week, maybe?

GOOD LUCK!! Takes will power, but if you're like me, losing just gives you such a good feeling about yourself.