Hello. Been quiet, but now I think I need help.

Buffy2point0
Buffy2point0 Posts: 31 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
My original goal was to lose 123 lbs. I still have my resolve, but things are slowing. I have 39 lbs to go and it takes so much to lose 1 lb! I would like to hear from those in my same situation.
Female
5'8"
Starting weight 283
Currently 199
Goal 160

Replies

• juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Thats amazing. How long did it take you? I have a group on facebook where I am going to post weekly chalenges. If you want to join search this time its for real
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    You could take a break from it. When I felt like things were slowing down and I was losing motivation, I went on maintenance for a couple of weeks. You don't want to gain any back because you've worked so hard, but sometimes our bodies need a little change before we can lose any more.
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    I'm pretty close to your situation (look at my numbers).

I was stuck on a plateau for about 6 weeks for what seems to be no good reason whatever. Looks like I've fallen off the edge of the plateau now *crosses fingers*.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you like :smile:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Do you have any before and after(during) pictures you can post in the success/motivation forum? You've lost 84 lbs!!!! That's a huge accomplishment! I hope you realize you're an inspiration to others :)

By posting there, and sharing your current position - just like you did here, you're sure to get plenty of encouragement. And probably wonderfully helpful suggestions from people are are in (or have been in) the same position.

Best of luck on the rest of your journey! I can't wait to see the pics!
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    First off, congratulations on losing 84lbs already! That is awesome!!

Now, for somebody who has sadly up and down the scale I will tell this- Don't give up. You ARE worth it!! Even if you have to say to yourself for the next 2 weeks I am to only work on maintaining where I stand and then on said date I'm going to start fresh... then do it. But REALLY do it. Whatever you do don't just throw in the towel because things are slowing down. Learn from my own mistakes if you must.

My lowest weight ever was 159 my last week in bootcamp (in Navy 5 years) and my highest has been 322 after giving birth to my daughter. I remember looking at weight loss journals I'd be mad that my sisters were losing rapidly and in 12weeks I was down only 4 and eventually gave up. If only a knew that over a couple years i'd be giving in to gaining a lil here and lil there to having to start in this time in the 280'sh instead the 240's I was in at that time in the journal i would have thought differently about just standing still or losing slowly.

Sorry to go on and on, but remember you ARE worth the trouble. Ultimately reaching your goal IS worth the trouble. Never forget that:smile:
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Well done, you are doing gr8. Weight loss will often plateau. Do you eat the same things all the time? Sometimes a bit of variation in the diet can help and varying the type of exercise you do.

You will get there, dont give up. keep us posted :flowerforyou:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    You are doing amazing. It is true that as you get closer to your goal your weight loss slows down. 84lbs is amazing. That's like losing a 10 year old. (that's about what my son weighs.)

Don't give up. you are so close. Maybe you should go into maintenance mode for a few weeks and try to get yourself into setting new goals.

remind yourself of where you came from and where you want to be.

keep exercising and come up with some new routines.

Best wishes to you.
  • elvb
    elvb Posts: 423 Member
    I'm there right now! I have lost under 2lbs in the last 6 weeks. I decided I am switching things up a little to get my metabolism going again. I'm going to do different exercises this coming week and eat completely different...we'll see how it goes.
  • mloren
    mloren Posts: 9 Member
    You are doing such a good Job. I have hit times when nothing happens too.
    What I do is increase my water with a little lemon( 2 cups over my 8) and eat more steamed veggies....then I dont weigh my self for a week. I still have 100lbs to go so thanks for your post to know it is do-able.. You will get losing again just shake up your routine a little..ML
This discussion has been closed.