New Here, Kinda Scared about the PROCESS

ImmaSue
ImmaSue Posts: 1 Member
edited September 24 in Introduce Yourself
:flowerforyou: I am Imma Suzanne, my very first time being serious about loosing weight and actually documenting everything I eat ALL day, seems kinda scarey, this process is, but I guess, slowly this way eliminates the "denial" so If I ndocment everything I eat, then I have to account for ALL I eat, and accept responsibility for gaining or loosing the weight, TRUE?

Replies

• 2011EP
    2011EP Posts: 95 Member
    hey, i juststarted last week and you're rivht its rlly scary, but mfp has helped me so much. already lost 6 lbs because tracking calories and writing everything you eat, makes you see the truth. good luck!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    My advice is to go easy on yourself for the first week or two. If you're looking at a drastic dietary change, it's going to be hard for you to stay under that calorie goal every day at first. You'll have to do some re-evaluating of what you eat and how much you eat. So do your best, try to get under that cal goal every day, but don't give up if you can't get it right away. It takes time.

Good luck!
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    welcome!! you are right, tracking is the first step in becomng accountable which leads to better choices and then weight loss. keep posting
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    My advice is to go easy on yourself for the first week or two. If you're looking at a drastic dietary change, it's going to be hard for you to stay under that calorie goal every day at first. You'll have to do some re-evaluating of what you eat and how much you eat. So do your best, try to get under that cal goal every day, but don't give up if you can't get it right away. It takes time.

Good luck!

I couldn't agree more. It IS a big change and it's likely to be a shock at first but it will get better and easier. Just stick with it. If you have a supported phone, get the app, it makes it very easy to stay on track while you're out and about. Good luck :)
  • kellykat2
    kellykat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Welcome. No need to be afraid, you are learning how to be a healthier person. By writing everything down, you can see just how many calories you are taking in. Sometimes we just don't know how many calories something is, we underestimate them when they are really more than we think! It will open your eyes. When you track, your food and exercise, you will WANT to keep on tracking and make healthier choices for you.

I track everything. Even when I go way overboard on junk food. I add it in. I don't beat myself up about eating poorly one meal or one day, I just do better the next day.

This is such a healthier way to live. You will feel better once you start following their plan. Oh, and if you want to eat more, EXERCISE!!!! the you gain those calories in food, all while staying within your net calories. It is a bonus!

Good luck and welcome. Enjoy the process!
  • JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Welcome, yes its scary, and in the first few weeks makes you realise that you really do have to make changes. However there is plenty of help & encouragement to be had on here. No one judges you, and everyone on here has or has had a similar problem..so just enjoy it.
  • Leannek74
    Leannek74 Posts: 374 Member
    It might be scary and it might take more time than on TV but IT WORKS!!!!!
  • welcome to MFP and you CAN do this stay positive and we are all here to help you on your journey... feel free to add me as friend :)
  • ramseyrose
    ramseyrose Posts: 421 Member
    Welcome. You are in the right frame of mind to do this. This is a great way to make the change as it makes you realise just how many calories there are in things.

We are all here for you
  • Hi everyoneI am Savannah and I am new to this also and I am looking to loose a litle over 60 pounds. I am just starting to working out. I went to my frist yoga class. I am trying to reduce my carbs and doing the slim fast for breakfast and lunch is how I plan to do it. If anyone has any thoughts, or suggestions please let me know. I would really like to be down about a little over 30 pounds or more by June 10, 2011 is that asking too much? Am I being unrealistic? If you have ANY suggestions to ge tme there for my reunion PLEASE chime in! I am new to blogging also so forgive me if I do something wrong in that department as well.:smile:
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    It's so awesome that you're taking a new outlook on life! You can do it! Welcome to MyFitnessPal! I hope you'll find it as awesome & as motivating as I do! Good luck on your jouney!
  • crisdB
    crisdB Posts: 49
    Welcome, this is such a great site and the perfect place to start! feel free to add me
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Hello there!! Welcome aboard and good luck on your new journey...we are all here for support!!
  • My advice is to go easy on yourself for the first week or two. If you're looking at a drastic dietary change, it's going to be hard for you to stay under that calorie goal every day at first. You'll have to do some re-evaluating of what you eat and how much you eat. So do your best, try to get under that cal goal every day, but don't give up if you can't get it right away. It takes time.

Good luck!

I couldn't agree more. It IS a big change and it's likely to be a shock at first but it will get better and easier. Just stick with it. If you have a supported phone, get the app, it makes it very easy to stay on track while you're out and about. Good luck :)

So worth getting the mobile app if your phone supports it. Very good for on the go tracking. I don't always remember the day's snacking and eating 100% and the mobile app helps out a lot with that. It will get a lot easier because the tracking and even being healthier becomes second nature. Good luck to you!
This discussion has been closed.