Alcoholics loosing weight

Options
Are there any alcoholics out there that are also struggling to loose weight? I am new to AA and MFP, just wanted to see if I can dint some more support here.

Replies

• ItsOn130
    ItsOn130 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am not an alcoholic, my mother is though... but I wanted to wish you good luck!
  • bevyg
    bevyg Posts: 6
    Options
    not an alcoholic but just wanted to say, good for you and I wish you the best of luck in stopping drinking and in your total healthy journey. you are so on the right track!!
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm not an alcoholic, but wish you good luck on your journey.
  • tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm not an acoholic, but I did/do have a food addiction (which I'm sure just about everyone here can understand). While we may not be able to understand your particular disease, we do understand addiction. You've come to a wonderful place to find support without judgement. Everyone here has been very supportive and helpful.

Best of luck in your journey. If you'd like another supportive hand, feel free to add me as a friend!!!

Tracey
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    i'm not an alcoholic, but i've known a few and it's really good that you are dealing w/ this now - you're still young and you'll be able to learn how to deal with it before it takes over your life... :flowerforyou: good luck on your journey!! <3
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Well if you are in AA and putting down the alcohol congrats that is a great start to weight loss. Alcohol contains a lot of unneeded calories, and will really cause you a lot of stomach and digestive problems in a long run. So yes you are in the right place. There are a lot of great people here, and I have had a lot of experience when it comes to nutrition and weigh loss. I would be more than happy to offer any suggestions that I can. People are not perfect that is how we were created to be. I am here to lose weight again. I had some things happen in my life that caused me to gain a lot of weight, and before I was really heavy into fitness, so it can happen to anyone. Hugs. Come join us. I am here anytime if you need to talk. I was married to an alcoholic for 13 years, and his brother is an alcoholic too, so believe me I understand where you are at. Stick with it. you are in my prayers.
  • dunztar
    Options
    I used to drink a lot specially when I turned 21... I just stopped going to clubs and simply stopped drinking.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am a binge Alcoholic. Since I have started my weight loss journey on Dec 6 2010. I can say I only had 1/2 a bottle of red wine in the end of December, which I shared with my Husband. In January I stepped up my game and had no Alcohol since than.

When I say binge drinkin' - I would go on binges on the weekends - I wouldn't care how much Alcohol I drank - if it was there I drank it until it was gone. I remember my Doctor sayin' that is the worse of any Alcoholics out there.

I wish you the best on your journey - at AA and weight loss.... It's goin' to be hard not to have that drink or crave it. But once you get it in your mind and your self control about it...The days will get easier. I promise you that. I'm livin' proof of that.

I'm 2.6 lbs away from sayin' I lost 20 lbs with my workout of Power90...and I have 15 days left of my program - out of 90 days....!

If I was strong enough once I commited myself - YOU can to :smile:
  • frankypetunia
    frankypetunia Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i lost my 36 year old daughter last year to this illness, i wish you all the best and hope you get all the help and support you need xx
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Im not an alcoholic,but I was a meth user for 17 years.Way to go on getting sober.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your good wishes and hope. I hope to share my feelings and experience with others and hopfully get some useful advice and a friend who understands.
  • bartlealucy
    bartlealucy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am having the same issue. I am on the ketonic diet which is supposed to reduce cravings. I hope it helps with alcohol cravings also. I just started yesterday but had a very sucessful day today. I will post my experience. Lucy