Clean Eating Balsamic-Glazed Cracked Pepper Salmon

Options
BrandNewLaura
BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
CLEAN EATING BALSAMIC-GLAZED CRACKED PEPPER SALMON
1 tsp olive oil
4 wild-caught salmon fillets (about 5 oz each)
Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp honey

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown; meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey; add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 2 minutes; for a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 3 to 5 additional minutes; serve with brown rice or rice pilaf

Serves 4; 267 calories; 12 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 5.5 g monounsaturated fat; 4 g polyunsaturated fat; 8 g carbs; 7 g sugar; 28 g protein; 130 mg sodium; 78 mg cholesterol

Replies

• BrandNewLaura
    Options
    CLEAN EATING BALSAMIC-GLAZED CRACKED PEPPER SALMON
    1 tsp olive oil
    4 wild-caught salmon fillets (about 5 oz each)
    Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
    1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
    1 tbsp honey

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; add salmon to skillet and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown; meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and honey; add vinegar mixture to skillet and simmer until fish is fork tender and liquid reduces and thickens, about 2 minutes; for a thicker, reduced sauce, simmer for 3 to 5 additional minutes; serve with brown rice or rice pilaf

Serves 4; 267 calories; 12 g fat; 2 g saturated fat; 5.5 g monounsaturated fat; 4 g polyunsaturated fat; 8 g carbs; 7 g sugar; 28 g protein; 130 mg sodium; 78 mg cholesterol
  • MarineBugler
    Options
    Mmmmmm...:tongue:

Anything with salmon, pepper and vinegar has me hooked!

Have to try this one.

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm...:tongue:

Anything with salmon, pepper and vinegar has me hooked!

Have to try this one.

Same here!! Three of my fav things!!! :love: :tongue:
  • BrandNewLaura
    Options
    I am going through my recipe clippings and typing them up today so I have them on my computer...I have more coming...there is a DELICIOUS looking dessert coming in a few minutes...Cranberry Orange Cheesecake Pears...haven't tried them yet, but ooooh the picture makes it look to die for!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    making this tonight:flowerforyou:
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Laura, thank so much for sharing this. It sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to try it.