I just bought some new pants...

Options
2»

Replies

• BrandyABrown
    Options
    Those are cute! You look great. Sigh - I can't wait to feel comfy in my 4's again.
  • muchlessfat
    Options
    awesome;)) and an inspiration, I want to lose fat, gain some muscle and go from a size 6 to a 4 by June..
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!! Congrats.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    The working out really helps. Before my mom was sick, I weighed 119 and fit in a size 8. I was little but not fit. After getting down to 130 with MFP, I was a size 6. I thought 8 was my goal size, but now I'm shooting for a 4.
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    The working out really helps. Before my mom was sick, I weighed 119 and fit in a size 8. I was little but not fit. After getting down to 130 with MFP, I was a size 6. I thought 8 was my goal size, but now I'm shooting for a 4.

Hell yeah, go for the 4!
  • kjsmith567
    Options
    You look great Congratulations!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Those are mighty fine jeans and you look more than mighty fine in them.

Congrats! That's quite the accomplishment.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I am almost the exact size as you (were).I am BARELY 5' 1" ..everyone tells me "you dont need to lose weight!! Youre a size 6!!" but I am NOT fit and before my two kids a 4 was lose. I just started two weeks ago on MFP and have lost 2. my goal is 16 total for my pre pregnancy weight, and you have given me hope that I will be able to get into my fours again!!!
  • dontpanic1984
    dontpanic1984 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I love this post because I am almost the exact size as you (were).I am BARELY 5' 1" ..everyone tells me "you dont need to lose weight!! Youre a size 6!!" but I am NOT fit and before my two kids a 4 was lose. I just started two weeks ago on MFP and have lost 2. my goal is 16 total for my pre pregnancy weight, and you have given me hope that I will be able to get into my fours again!!!

It's very irritating being petite and small-framed when everyone wants to tell you that you don't need to worry about getting in shape - or they use it as a springboard to beat up on themselves for being bigger. I can't tell you how many times I was at the beginning of my weight loss and people would say, "You're only 140lb? You don't need to shape up! You're so tiny. I'd kill to be 140lb. I'm sooooo fat, I don't want to hear about you trying to lose weight....etc etc" Those people are obviously starting out by trying to compliment you, but then it dissolves into them being unsupportive of your goals and then (even worse) using the conversation as a self-loathing mechanism. Hell, if you're 125lb and you don't feel as fit as you want to be, then you're all the better off for exercising and eating right even if you are of a healthy weight. Being in shape is a constant process, and it's got its ups and downs. I'm finally getting to the point that it's not an uphill battle anymore, and I want to start working on endurance and muscle tone - it's wonderful to be able to focus on that now that the extra mid-section and thigh blubber has all but melted away. I've got 100x the energy I did 4 years ago.

Anyway, sorry about the little rant. Congratulations on starting a new fitness plan and losing your first 2lb! You'll be in fours before you know it!

-also, a word of advice: I know everyone says this, but they say it because it's true - when you don't have a ton of weight to lose, it's slow coming off. Don't get discouraged - focus on how exercise and proper nutrition make you feel, and not so much on the scale. It makes the days go by much easier.
  • stephbraden74
    stephbraden74 Posts: 92 Member
    Options

It's very irritating being petite and small-framed when everyone wants to tell you that you don't need to worry about getting in shape - or they use it as a springboard to beat up on themselves for being bigger. I can't tell you how many times I was at the beginning of my weight loss and people would say, "You're only 140lb? You don't need to shape up! You're so tiny. I'd kill to be 140lb. I'm sooooo fat, I don't want to hear about you trying to lose weight....etc etc" Those people are obviously starting out by trying to compliment you, but then it dissolves into them being unsupportive of your goals and then (even worse) using the conversation as a self-loathing mechanism. Hell, if you're 125lb and you don't feel as fit as you want to be, then you're all the better off for exercising and eating right even if you are of a healthy weight. Being in shape is a constant process, and it's got its ups and downs. I'm finally getting to the point that it's not an uphill battle anymore, and I want to start working on endurance and muscle tone - it's wonderful to be able to focus on that now that the extra mid-section and thigh blubber has all but melted away. I've got 100x the energy I did 4 years ago.

Anyway, sorry about the little rant. Congratulations on starting a new fitness plan and losing your first 2lb! You'll be in fours before you know it!

-also, a word of advice: I know everyone says this, but they say it because it's true - when you don't have a ton of weight to lose, it's slow coming off. Don't get discouraged - focus on how exercise and proper nutrition make you feel, and not so much on the scale. It makes the days go by much easier.

THAnk yoU!!!!!! and dont worry about ranting! You said everything I WANTED to say in my first post!!! I have said to my husband so many times, 130 lb on someone who is 5 ft is more than enough, and I went from a 2 to an 8 after my kids so I KNOW i should not be that weight!! I get it all the time "do you know what I would do to weigh 130!!" but seriously I am flabby!!! LOL Its about ME not YOU!! grrr. ANYWAY, I am here to get IN SHAPE like I used to be. I so badly miss being tight and toned and CANT WAIT to post my after pics!!! and about it coming off slow...YOURE Telling Me!!! ugh. my baby is going on 3 and that last 15 lbs has just stuck around until this past week when I joined MFP....I think this is finally what I need to get back to where I was. I just hope its possible!! thanks for the motivation!!!!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Excellent! Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!