What's your bodybuilding diet?

fitgirl4life
fitgirl4life Posts: 111 Member
edited September 24 in Food and Nutrition
I'm starting the Body For Life Challenge tomorrow! So this weekend was all about preparation. I know that proper nutrition is key to gaining muscle and losing fat, and I've spent a good deal of time tweaking my food diary to make sure I'm eating the proper ratios of protein, carbs and fats.

Thankfully my husband is doing it with me, which makes it much easier to plan our food diaries and prepare for the week ahead!

We spent a good portion of this afternoon in the kitchen getting all our meals prepared for the week ahead. I'm eating 5 meals/day, consisting of healthy fats (avocados, natural peanut butter, olive oil, an Omega 3,6,9 supplement), lean protein (chicken breast, tuna steaks, cottage cheese, egg whites) and low GI carbs (wholegrain rice, potatoes, brocolli). I'll also be having a protein shake after my workouts.

Here's a snapshot of some of the food we'll be eating this week!

jl6pt5.jpg

I'd love to hear from other MFPers who are bodybuilding to find out what you include in your diet and pass along any recipe suggestions! Thanks :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Failing to plan is planning to fail, so it's good to see that you're taking the time to sort out your meals. I find this the hardest part of BFL but if you can plan them week by week it makes life so simple. I think you'll find the exercise side of it a breeze so my only advice is to stick to the plan and go for it! Your nutrition is always fine (except for the choccy) but you're allowed a few treats along the way! I'm sure you'll both suceed. Good luck I'm with you all the way!
    Ian x
This discussion has been closed.