how not to lose weight - i used to be fat

Options
happy_vegan
happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
I just watched this show, the episode with tanner, and it irked me SO MUCH!!
http://www.mtv.com/videos/i-used-to-be-fat-ep-8-tanner/1658095/playlist.jhtml#series=2211&seriesId=34633&channelId=1

did anyone else see this episode? holy COW!

**SPOILER ALERT**

his girlfriend is toxic, he is so lazy, and is the kind of person who will always be overweight. he has no idea that he's failing, it's so frustrating to watch! the worst part is he still thinks that the fact that he lost weight will continue in the future even though he's already gaining back - he has no idea he's fatter. it literally made me feel sick to watch him eating those doritos and fast food. so disgusting. yuck!

he needs a wakeup call and the only thing he's getting is enablers, and he's blocking out his super well-meaning trainer even though he's shouting at him to wakeup. just so sad and frustrating to see.

Replies

• Warmbloodwear
    Warmbloodwear Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I saw it...Yes it was frustrating but love is blind especially at that age...
    When he is ready I hope he will be able to commit to it :) To each their own I guess :wink:
  • Teebowen
    Teebowen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I found that episode beyond annoying... seriously...I would so love to have someone push me 4 hrs a day.... besides myself...LOL what a waste of time he did not take the opportunity to its full advantage that is for sure!
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    bump
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I saw it and found it very unmotivating. Usually after I watch that show, Im super pumped to get to my workout the next morning. This episode left me feeling empty. I was so very disappointed in him. I hope they do not show anymore stories like his, because they are 'pointless'. I feel like he failed himself and everyone watching him.
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were yelling at the TV while watching the Tanner episode. I felt bad for the trainer. In the beginning I thought he was going to have a great transformation with his background of being an athlete. What a letdown? I thought his father was one steak away from a heart attack. I don't know if you saw the episode with Jordan, but that by far was my favorite one. I wish I had his trainer it seemed like they had a great relationship.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That episode pissed me off so much. I'm sorry i watched it but i guess it was a good example of why you can't lose weight for anyone but yourself.
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    My wife and I were yelling at the TV while watching the Tanner episode. I felt bad for the trainer. In the beginning I thought he was going to have a great transformation with his background of being an athlete. What a letdown? I thought his father was one steak away from a heart attack. I don't know if you saw the episode with Jordan, but that by far was my favorite one. I wish I had his trainer it seemed like they had a great relationship.

I loved the episode with Jordan. He looked so good at the end.
  • loveshannonmarie
    loveshannonmarie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    OMG I wanted to punch that kid! His gf was just bringing him down selfish little well you know... lol he had such a great oppurtunity and blew and made an idiot outta himself on tv instead... what a chump
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i saw it too. it was a dumb episode
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

lol he sure did
  • crystal_sapphire
    Options

lol he sure did
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I <3 that show! But YES poor tanner, some people would KILL to have that opportunity if that wont change him nothing will..
  • happy_vegan
    happy_vegan Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    did anyone think there was a very awkward elephant in the room of his dad being obese? His dad kept on making comments that Tanner was failing at his weight and that he can't wait for tanner to get back in the gym when he's smaller, but he is extremely large himself and in the gym every day. double standard much?

I can kind of see why tanner would want to rebel against a dad who is "always right" but he's missing the point totally by sabotaging his health to be with his toxic enabler girlfriend.

what a waste of trainer $ and time. I feel bad for the trainer, he wanted tanner to pull through so much but you can't make someone do something they don't want to do. tanner seemed 13 in maturity, not 18.
  • Emmeez
    Emmeez Posts: 10
    Options
    -SCREAAAAMMSSS- OH MY GOSH.
    That episode annoyed the everliving CRAP out of me. I was just like -_________-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to admit though, his family like, annoyed me too. D: They're always saying like, "He's too lazy, he won't do it" blah blah. Even if he is lazy, you have to treat someone as if they're the person you want them to be, instead of who they are sometimes, imo. It's like, if you treat a bad person like they could be a good person and that you believe in them, chances are, they'll change. I kinda feel like, he's an idiot, but his family was rude to him too. A lot of the other parents of kids on the show / other people who were surrounding them were like, "Oh yeah! You can do it! I'm super proud of you, you're awesome! gogogo! :D" and happy and stuff, but I don't really feel like he got that so much~
  • Altiv
    Altiv Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    It was really disappointing, really, Tanner had everything to be back in shape, an awesome trainer and 4 hours daily to work out (I would have loved to had that chance, even it it lasted a month only), but he started bad, he started doing this for the wrong reasons, you need to lose weight for yourself, not for anybody else, it's your health, you may separate a million times from your partner and came back another million times, but you can't do the same with your weight, and yes that girl was toxic, the minute he's with her, he eats trash and doesn't work out, I mean a lot of people here work and have families and still have time to work out, I'm a full-time student and still have my hour to train, it's not hard to find time if you really want this, and I'm pretty sure he'll gain all that 30 pounds back in no time.

Oh man, this made me really mad, what a waste of money and time, and I really feel bad about the trainer, he did everything he could, but if there isn't motivation and commitment, nothing good will came out :(
  • SweetToothMelissa
    SweetToothMelissa Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    did anyone think there was a very awkward elephant in the room of his dad being obese? His dad kept on making comments that Tanner was failing at his weight and that he can't wait for tanner to get back in the gym when he's smaller, but he is extremely large himself and in the gym every day. double standard much?

I can kind of see why tanner would want to rebel against a dad who is "always right" but he's missing the point totally by sabotaging his health to be with his toxic enabler girlfriend.

what a waste of trainer $ and time. I feel bad for the trainer, he wanted tanner to pull through so much but you can't make someone do something they don't want to do. tanner seemed 13 in maturity, not 18.

I was thinking the SAME thing the whole time! His dad was a hypocrite, and making his son feel bad, when he is overweight and obviously passed down those bad habits to Tanner. I'm not saying that Tanner's lack of motivation is his father's fault, but he could've made some effort to work out with his son or help him more. This episode made me mad too. A million kids wanted this opportunity and he just pissed it away.