Here we go again!

Options
So this is another attempt at getting my weight under control. I began a weight loss journey back in July and did the Atkins Diet. My goal was to lose 30 lbs by my 30th Birthday. (Which was also my golden birthday) I started out a 196 and got down to 162 in just a little less than 3 months. It felt great to not having my thighs rub together! Anyhow I went and vactioned with my parents in FL for a week and gained some weight on vacation. I was just a hair under 170 so I felt that was acceptable. Well as time passed I have continued to gain. I am now at 175 and I know if I dont get my rear in gear I will be right back where I started. I walked on the treadmill foday for 30 minutes and I am going to try to watch my calorie intake with fitness pal, logging my foods. I feel like a COW! I cant believe I was 20 lbs heavier than I am now. My goal is to be at 165 by March 20th. So wish me luck! :smile:

Replies

• ethel64
    Options
    Good Luck, you can do it... :)
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the family. Please think of this as a "Lifestyle" change and not a diet. Most of use don't "diet" we just make healthy choices in what we eat and the portions. The word "Diet" refers to what you are eating like the kind of foods. People eat all kinds of diets such as junk food diets, fast food diets, high sugar diets, etc., etc., etc. But if you have a healthy "Lifestyle" diet you are eating foods that are good for your body and eating the correct portions of food to keep your body healthy.

Just change you way of looking at this and you will succeed and maintain. Good luck to you on your new Lifestyle journey.
  • patches0102
    Options
    Here we All go again! I am in the same boat. Lose and regain. But fortunately it sounds like you are catching it in time. I am excited about MFP. A new way of tracking and monitoring. I am always in need of a change so hopefully this will work for you and me both. I know I don't want to regain what I have lost either.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    good luck hon :) just take each day as it comes and celebrate any victory howeva small it may seem xx
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    It is typical to yo-yo... I know my father did the Atkins on and off forever, and he would gain then lose then gain then lose. I think doing this is so much easier on the body as well as making it a lifestyle change versus a "diet" .
  • jjjuuunnniiieee
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it. :)
  • Curt2u
    Curt2u Posts: 14
    Options
    I've found MFP to be the best tool I've used. With the support and easy to use tools you will succeeed. Good luck!