Adding friends on MFP?

Options
Hi! I've been a member for 5 days, and although I have participated on the community walls, I don't really have any friends.
How does it work? Sending ppl msgs and asking for an add? Anyone that reads this and wants to be friends is welcome to add me, heh, it's weird i feel a bit shy, it's like when ur in kindergarten and ask someone to play. lol :)

Replies

• ethel64
    Options
    ill add you, its always great meeting new friends...

:)

yes you can just message some people or...

if you click on a members nic name it will bring up the profile you will see an option to add as friend..
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Aww. I'll be your friend if you trade sandwiches with me...
  • lwells611
    Options
    My name is Lydia. I'd love to be your weight loss friend. The more the merrier! I joined Feb. 2011
  • Macacadopai
    Macacadopai Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how nice ppl are here :D my mom is Finnish and I live in Finland right now, ppl here are usually a lot more withdrawn, they don't really randomly support or talk about problems. This is so refreshing!! Thanks guys!
  • Amarylis13
    Amarylis13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend too. I am a bit shy also, but slowly I am adding friends. :)
  • HealthyishWithMaggieG
    Options
    One suggestion I would make...

If you're sending a friend request to someone you don't already know, add a message to the request that tells them why you would like to be friends. Common interests? Similar weight loss goals? Whatever. I have people waiting for me to accept their friend requests, but I haven't yet because I don't know who they are or why they want to connect. I probably will accept, but I think it's rude to not introduce yourself to a stranger before telling them you want to be friends.
  • lwells611
    Options
    anyone out there 60ish? Want 2 b friends ?
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I need friends too! :o) I just posted my "status" saying so. Funny...then I ran across this post. I just started this, this weekend and haven't really gotten the hang of it yet but I'm sitting down now to do that so I can start my week off right.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend too. I am a bit shy also, but slowly I am adding friends. :)

Amarilis13, I had to laugh at your reply...you're wearing a balloon on your head...I wouldn't think you were shy. LOL