I'm new - just saying hi

Options
Hi there - I just found out about this website yesterday.
In the past I've either been good at eating and not exercising or vice versa.
I figured this is the day to start putting both together and lose the weight.
Anyways, I just wanted to say hi!

Replies

• jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hi there - I just found out about this website yesterday.
    In the past I've either been good at eating and not exercising or vice versa.
    I figured this is the day to start putting both together and lose the weight.
    Anyways, I just wanted to say hi!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    welcome-1.gif
    Nice to meet you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    You've come to the right place! With this site, you WILL be in those "skinny jeans" before you know it!
    When I started here in April, I was a size 18. I went shopping today, and bought a pair of size 10 black jeans! So have no fear, It CAN be done!!!
    I recommend you log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Drink lots of water too!
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    GREAT TO HAVE YOU HERE!!! I WISH YOU THE VERY BEST OF LUCK!!!:flowerforyou:
  • pjlim
    Options
    Same here! Just started this week

glad you've chosen the first step as I have.
  • tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    This is my first week here too ... great people and support ... very easy to use and motivating! Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Sunibc22
    Options
    Welcome. You'll find this site very helpful!! Lots of info and support here!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Fit2btied
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • harleydiva
    Options
    Hello,

I also just found this site.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Wow! A huge welcome to all of you new people!
    This site REALLY works! You WILL lose the weight that you want to here, AND, it'll "almost" be fun doing it!!!
    Gotta warn you of one thing though. MFP is VERY addicting! :laugh:
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!
    You've come to the right place! With this site, you WILL be in those "skinny jeans" before you know it!
    When I started here in April, I was a size 18. I went shopping today, and bought a pair of size 10 black jeans! So have no fear, It CAN be done!!!
    I recommend you log all your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than after, as it tends to lead to better food choices. Drink lots of water too!

WOW!!! Way to go on the 18 to 10 drop!! Very impressive...
  • chrisieruckle
    Options
    92867.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

Aww, thanks! I'm pretty amazed at myself! I figured this site would be just like any other diet. One that you can stick to for awhile, but then feel "deprived" and start pigging out again. BUT, here you DON'T feel deprived, because you CAN have the stuff you love to have. You just need to learn moderation, and to "work" for your foods with exercise. And I'm not one of those fanatical gym type of exerciser either. I just take walks almost every day, and I also dance in my living room to a fast oldies CD that my husband made for me.
    So to me, losing the 32 pounds that I've lost so far has been fun, and "practically" easy!
    The members here are all soooooooo supportive, and I just love reading the message boards and responding to some of them too.
    Words just can't describe JUST how wonderful MFP is! I feel soooooooooo much more confident and better about myself these days, and I know others can have that same feeling too!
    The best of luck to you!
  • FutureNavyWife88
    Options
    I love this web sight so far, it has really motivated me to make a change. I wish you lots of luck. :glasses:
  • mikeyswifey
    Options
    hi everyone...i just joined and i hope this will help me to get my life healthier!! ??how do i get one of those tickers? i'm so confused? lol
  • young1726
    young1726 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

Aww, thanks! I'm pretty amazed at myself! I figured this site would be just like any other diet. One that you can stick to for awhile, but then feel "deprived" and start pigging out again. BUT, here you DON'T feel deprived, because you CAN have the stuff you love to have. You just need to learn moderation, and to "work" for your foods with exercise. And I'm not one of those fanatical gym type of exerciser either. I just take walks almost every day, and I also dance in my living room to a fast oldies CD that my husband made for me.
    So to me, losing the 32 pounds that I've lost so far has been fun, and "practically" easy!
    The members here are all soooooooo supportive, and I just love reading the message boards and responding to some of them too.
    Words just can't describe JUST how wonderful MFP is! I feel soooooooooo much more confident and better about myself these days, and I know others can have that same feeling too!
    The best of luck to you!

I agree wholeheartedly!! I LOVE MFP!!! I have already lost 12 lbs in just under two months... when last year I was trying to lose weight for my wedding and I lost 10 lbs in 10 months... and to think, I though that was good!! It's just a great feeling...and to know you're doing it the right way!
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Hi, and welcome!

The best of luck to you!

I agree wholeheartedly!! I LOVE MFP!!! I have already lost 12 lbs in just under two months... when last year I was trying to lose weight for my wedding and I lost 10 lbs in 10 months... and to think, I though that was good!! It's just a great feeling...and to know you're doing it the right way!

CONGRATS ON THE 12 POUNDS! THAT'S AWESOME! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the website!!! You will love logging here! You can do it!