Does anyone else's feet go numb when they do cardio?

Options
2»

Replies

• emseigle
    Options
    For me, it is usually because the laces are too tight on the instep of my foot. My dr said it is nothing to worry about, I just have a high instep and should loosen the laces in my shoes every so often because the middle section of eyelets tend to get too tight over time and usually people only loosen the top one or two eyelets.
  • hellen72
    hellen72 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I can run 50 miles no prob but 20 min on elliptical and I get it so can't blame shoes/ socks
  • alucas11
    Options
    Hi, I also get the same sensation in my right foot and I have a pins and needles feeling only after around 30-40 minutes on the cross trainer, when I asked the manager at the gym she said it was restriction of circulation in my leg but its nothing to worry about !! I also am keen to find out why this is happening.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    This has happened to me a few times and I noticed that if my sock is too tight around my toes my foot starts to tingle, so I just make sure to leave a little room near my toes before I get to the gym and it doesn't happen!
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Yep, all the time. I usually switch directions for a little bit. I've googled it and it seems to be really common.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    on the elliptical yep!
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    My toes do with my cardio and i dont where shoes with zumba
  • micklepickle61
    Options
    Could it have something to do with the fact that your feet swell after a bit of running?
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I experience the same thing just about daily, but only when I am working out. Use to be only on the elliptical. Today it happened when I was running in place for 1/2 hour at home. Very very painful. Had to stoop several times. Wish I knew how to fix the problem.
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I want to stress seeing a chiropracter...I had one toe going numb and after a couple of adjustments it is no longer a problem! I was also getting occasional nerve pain on the outside of my ankle and once again a couple of clicks with her tool and the pain is no more. Our bodies are going through a lot of adjustment with new exercise routines. Numbness is not a normal thing!
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was talking to my husband who is a long distance runner (a bit crazy in my opinion!) about this tonight and he said it usually happens when your shoes are tied too tight. So I will loosen my laces tomorrow. Good luck!
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    I won't speak for anyone else but I have found that when remembering to lift my heels for a few seconds every so often kept my feet from going numb. I think its because on the elliptical your feet don't move therefore you lose circulation in your feet.

Ding ding ding! This is usually the culprit. Too much constant pressure on the balls of the feet. It usually helps to change to a backward stride, which tends to put more weight back on the heel.
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Mine do when i ride the exercise bike ..usually do about 30 mins,,,and they sometimes get numb after 20 mins. It is annoying but think its ok.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    I won't speak for anyone else but I have found that when remembering to lift my heels for a few seconds every so often kept my feet from going numb. I think its because on the elliptical your feet don't move therefore you lose circulation in your feet.

Yeah, this is the solution for the elliptical or Precor. The rep from Precor told me this. Either lift heels or lift entire foot.