MY FIRST POST!

Options
This is my FIRST FULL DAY of being on this website, I have entered the foods that I have eaten so far (ALREADY over my target of 1,200 cal/day and it's not even 4;30pm!) Being as honest as I can when entering the foods that I eat, my exercises and the amount of water that I drink, I must say I LOVE this place! Just started and I know that it will keep me accountable to what I eat EACH DAY because I can SEE with my own eyes what I am putting into my body, and right now it is not pretty. It is now February 20th, 2011 and by the time the end of the month rolls around I know that I will be eating and drinking ALOT differently because of this wonderful tool that I have found. Thank you so much myfitnesspal! :flowerforyou: MSB

Replies

• MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree. I look back to my first week and I cringe. It's a good feeling knowing that you're doing everything you can do make sure you live a longer life. Best of luck, send me a friend request if you'd like.
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options
    Welcome and you are right, actually paying attention to what you put in your body is a very enlightening experience! No more mindless eating. My sister said that she feels like she is thinking about food all the time now but i think that is because we are still trying to work through what is healthy and what we like and what combinations are going to work for both of us. But this is way better than mindlessly eating things that aren't healthy for us! The other really great thing about this site is the amount of support that you can get from everyone!!!
  • katiepool129
    Options
    goodluck! it is a great way to monitor what you are eating. You quickly learn which foods contain huge amounts of calories and its a great motivation to avoid these foods to avoid seeing all the red minus's in the food diary! lol
  • talibah1
    Options
    Today is my first day as well...Although putting weight & measurements to my health goals is definitely eye-opening :noway: (I stay in sweats), I am excited. I haven't gone over my calorie limit but because what I have eaten is junk and has taken a third of my daily calorie intake and most of my daily fat amount, I feel like I have to eat lettuce for the rest of the day to fulfill me. And that's not fun even for a vegetarian --- yes, a fat vegetarian :laugh:. And with all this awareness, I am still excited. Putting the facts down has given me direction. I feel encouraged. I know there are filling low fat options out there - I just have to get back into the habit of shopping right and cooking. Being in a community where common goals and common energies come together is a big help. It definitely feels like this is a good time for change. Good look, everyone. Infinite Love, Peace & Blessings. :happy: