Does Anyone Else Exercise Barefoot?

Options
2»

Replies

• amberleemoore
    amberleemoore Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I only do yoga barefoot. Anything else I wear my shoes.
  • punkinbeanie
    Options
    lol me too!!!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I love that you just couldn't be bothered wearing shoes xD

I can't bring myself to run barefoot unless i'm running on the beach.
  • might4
    might4 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I used to take a cardio kick class that was in bare feet, and I also would exercise at home barefooted most of the time. Unfortunately now I have something called plantar fasciitis (inflammation across the arch of your foot) which is caused by spending too much time without shoes on, also from not wearing supportive shoes. Now I have to walk around in sneakers when I'm just home hanging out - if I go more than a day barefoot the pain comes back :frown:

I am with you...after spending $300 in physical therapy to get my plantar faciitis under control I wear shoes all the time. My feet need the support when working out or even just walking around the house. I have noticed that now that I am working out and sropping some weight my feet are improving even more!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I had been exercising barefoot until the last couple of days. I started wearing shoes for a couple of reasons, but I enjoy working out barefoot.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Your funny lol. I never have shoes on when I exercise in my living room. It's probably not recommended but I haven't hurt my feet yet.
  • lavacava
    Options
    I'm living in Japan right now, and when you go to the gym you need to wear seperate indoor tennis shoes. Unfortunately, I only brought one pair of tennis shoes with me and they are def outside.

So, I workout in bare feet. It sounds kind of gross, but it's the norm. When I go to dance practice, bare feet.

And, since I have tatami mats at home (and you can't wear shoes on them) I work out at home in bare feet.

At first, I thought it was really weird. But, I found I actually can last longer in workouts. THe other day I went to a zumba class where we had to wear shoes and THEN my feet hurt. Imagine that? Not wearing shoes makes it easier on my feet to work out.

Also, maybe I just have bad shoes? :)
  • bakerp90x
    Options
    YES! I'm so glad that you started this topic. I hate working out with shoes. I'm doing P90X and I have to use shoes for plyo (lots of jumping around) but I do all the rest of the workouts barefoot. I've found that I work out better when I'm barefoot. I'm sure that's all mental, but hey, whatever works, right?
  • Serenitytoo
    Serenitytoo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    If I am working out at home I am barefoot. My livingroom is carpeted and I figure it causes less noise for the people living in the appartment below me :laugh: I ave relatvely flat feet and find it hard to find runners that fit properly that don't cause cramping in my feet or blisters. I do wear them when walking outside though.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Count me in barefoot. I run in a Terra Plana Vivo Barefoot shoe too, I haven't bought the Vibrams because I'm too concerned about puncture vines. I'd love to run true barefoot, just haven't wanted to spend the time it will take to get my feet ready for that.

I love www.runbare.com

I even do P90X plyo barefoot. I started in a Nike Free, which I loved too.

I worked for a DPM for years and am super weird about shoes because of it. When I started running I gave up high heals now and wear an "Earth" shoe which is a reverse heal shoe to always lengthen my hamstrings.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    Love this thread. I was just looking at a barefoot cardio video by Ellen Barrett yesterday and adding it to my wishlist. I’d never thought of doing all of my cardio barefoot, but I am barefoot at home all the time and love yoga and pilates because they are shoe free.