Just surfed in

Options
Hi, I have used several diet and fitness trackers over the last couple of years. I saw a recommendation for myfitnesspal on another fitness website and thought I'd check it out. It looks great, so here I am!

I've been recovering from injuries and surgery since January (foot surgery in March) and have put on almost ten pounds in the process. I'm realizing that it's going to be that much harder to feel "back to myself" if I'm carrying around extra weight, so it's time to start tracking my diet again.

I run, go to the gym to do elliptical, and do Cathe strength training videos. My ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can run 5K and 10K races again.

Nice to meet everyone!
Cherapple

Replies

• cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have used several diet and fitness trackers over the last couple of years. I saw a recommendation for myfitnesspal on another fitness website and thought I'd check it out. It looks great, so here I am!

I've been recovering from injuries and surgery since January (foot surgery in March) and have put on almost ten pounds in the process. I'm realizing that it's going to be that much harder to feel "back to myself" if I'm carrying around extra weight, so it's time to start tracking my diet again.

I run, go to the gym to do elliptical, and do Cathe strength training videos. My ultimate goal is to get to a point where I can run 5K and 10K races again.

Nice to meet everyone!
    Cherapple
  • pamelawilliams
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight lose journey.:smile:
  • Ezzie
    Ezzie Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Welcome.....this is a wonderful place to be to work on improving your lifestyle...(:noway: ain't gonna use the 'd' word!!) and overall fitness....my hunky hubby and I have been here since Aug and are both appreciative of the warmth, help, advice and community we have found here.

Hope you will find the same!
    Ezzie:flowerforyou:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Canelitas
    Options
    Hi there....Welcome to MyFitnessPal!

Best Wishes :flowerforyou:
  • harleydiva
    Options
    welcome
  • gmpearse
    Options
    Welcome.
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Welcome girl! :flowerforyou:

I hope you are recovered and back to your old self!
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    722542j8ph15waxf.gif

Nice to meet you! I'm also a home schooling mom.... Hope you enjoy MFP and get back to your old self!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Welcome, and sorry your surgery is taking so long to recover. You will love the motivation here though!!:flowerforyou: