i'm frustrated..

Options
weighed myself this morning and gained a lb but measured myself and lost an inch. (total loss in inces = 5) it's frustrating me because I can't really see a difference and I don't know why I'm gaining... :frown:

Replies

• starzman2003
    Options
    Don't be frustrated! You probably put on a pound of muscle somewhere. And remember, muscle weighs more than fat! If you're losing inches, that's a great thing. Don't get discouraged, and keep it up!
  • It could be muscle that you are gaining. Muscle weighs more than fat, just keep that in mind :)
    Make sure you are drinking your water as not to maintain that water weight.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    But you lost inches! That's an amazing effort. Do you have an item of clothing that is too tight? If so use this as a measurer as to your weight loss. Scales aren't always correct so keep trying on your item of clothing each week and see the difference!
  • baybay95
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat :) It's a good thing!:wink:
  • benztim6876
    benztim6876 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    To correct everyone that is saying muscle weighs more than fat. You are incorrect. 10 pounds of muscle weighs the same as 10 pounds of fat. Muscle is just more condense.

Just remember to do your cardio each day, and strength train every other day. Do pay much attention to the scales. Weigh yourself once a week just to keep an eye on things.
  • 7RandomNames
    Options
    While you're correct in saying that 10lbs of muscle weighs the same as 10lbs of fat, that doesn't actually mean that muscle and fat weigh the same thing. The very fact that muscle is more condense is what makes it weight more than fat. To get 10 lbs of muscle or fat you would need less muscle. Therefore, muscle weighs more than fat.
  • wilmelenne
    Options
    That's why I am so frustrated I've worked out all 7 days this week and most of it was cardio and I even frustrated my knee and I ate right this week including eating back only half of my earned exercise calories and still a weight gain.
  • melandgreg
    melandgreg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 38 lbs and would like to lose 5 more. With my weight loss I learned not to get frustrated on a day to day basis or week to week basis. My body was more likely to dump the weight in 3-5 lb increments over weeks. You need to remember that you have started a great change in habits. Keep eating healthier and keep active and your body WILL respond. You are doing great!