Clean Eating???

Options
DTetz
DTetz Posts: 109 Member
So clean eating... can you explain in detail... I get the fresh fruit and veggies and such... but what about things like milk and yogurt and cheese...

Replies

• mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    The way I understand it (someone else may have a more accurate response) is when you are eating things like yogurt, check the ingredients. Everything in it needs to be natural. NO artificial sweeteners or anything you can't pronounce. EVERYTHING you take into your body, is natural and not mad made.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    And milk needs to be pure. No added hormones and stuff. Organic is best. I can't afford organic so I make sure the milk I buy says no added hormones. I also use a lot of almond milk.
  • ttmac96
    Options
    I'm so inspired by clean eaters!
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean by using this basic rule. If you don't know what the ingredients are, don't eat it.

But I don't follow it religiously.
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I suggest reading the book "Food Rules" by MIchael Pollan. It's presented with facts and surprising details and it's also humorous too, some of his rules are... If a first-grader can't read the ingredient, don't buy it....and it comes through your car window, it's not food.
  • taiyola
    taiyola Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I suggest reading the book "Food Rules" by MIchael Pollan. It's presented with facts and surprising details and it's also humorous too, some of his rules are... If a first-grader can't read the ingredient, don't buy it....and it comes through your car window, it's not food.

Hahahaha @ 'if it comes through your car window, it's not food' :laugh:
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another spot too but this link might help if you need lists and such, it puts general foods into different tiers based on the nutritional value

http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do
  • vwgurl2
    vwgurl2 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have had the same question about clean eating. I googled it and found a couple of websites that gave some info. I like cleaneatingmag.com, has some good recipes but with some stuff that was hard to find and kinda expensive. Unfortunately I don't have the income to completely revamp my pantry so I am just starting to replace things as I run out. Good luck!
  • jrlenig
    jrlenig Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I try to eat clean by using this basic rule. If you don't know what the ingredients are, don't eat it.

But I don't follow it religiously.

The easiest way to do this is by cooking everything yourself. We did this for awhile it got to hard with kids and school!
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am not 100% clean eater, but I try. That is my goal to eat as clean as possible.

If you are interested in more info check out the author Tosca Reno. She also writes for Clean Eating Magazine and Oxygen.
  • kingkrew6
    Options
    Get the magazine Clean Eating... I love it.