1 step foward...2 steps back

Options
i'm down 5 lbs which i am happy with...
my clothes are even starting to fit better / differently which is also great

but ( dang there has to be a but )
i started trying on clothes / dresses that i haven't worn in a few years and i'm still way to big to fit into
suddenly all that happiness seems silly and i feel worse for thinking i was making headway when i'm still too big

kinda a crappy day

Replies

• TedTorres
    TedTorres Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! You did not get where you are overnight and you won't get to where you want to be overnight. Keep up whatever it is you're doing and you'll get there. You can do it!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Just FYI, it's usually 10-15 pounds per size... just sayin, don't get down! At least you've started losing!!!!

Keep going!
  • missvics
    missvics Posts: 112
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel...but just keep up the hard work and it'll pay off. I know I've had to force myself to even do my food diary each day, but I'm happy I do and I believe it will pay off.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    You are making headway, and it is you who decides how big is too big. Allow yourself to feel the victory. You deserve it. Just because you aren't finished yet doesn't mean you don't deserve to be proud of yourself.
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Don;t lose motivation. You've done a great job losing 5 lb and it will be a tough journey but think about the happy, slim and confident you at the end of it. Keep logging your food and exercise often. You can do this feel free to add me as a friend for support, good luck
  • martynepugh
    Options
    Don't even worry about it, think of it this way, you have made a terrific start and the rest will follow. I did a similar thing myself after I had lost my first 50lbs and was dissapointed that I was still a size 46 waist. I put the clothes back in the suitcase and forgot about them. 3 months later I tried them on again, they still didn't fit!!.....only this time they didn't fit because they were to big for me!!

I thought I was a size 44in waist, it turned out I was a size 40 so I bought a belt :)

Just focus on doing the right things, eat healthy, do plenty of exercise and drink plenty of water. Keep positive and you WILL succeed :smile:
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    i feel ya there :c
    size 7 jeans dont fit over my thighs
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I agree with Marty. The bigger you are, the more pounds you have to lose between sizes. What's happening with me is that the clothes I have now are fitting me better--they are even loose. But I tried a size smaller and they were too tight. I guess the clothes I currently have were too small for me in the beginning. :( But now they fit great after almost 50 pounds gone. :smile: Hopefully I will be down a couple of sizes with the next 50 pounds.

Stay strong!! Never give up!! This is marathon, not a sprint. You'll get there! :flowerforyou:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've reached my goal weight but there are still clothes my mummy tummy will probably never fit back into. Instead I'm enjoying seeing what's gotten loose instead :laugh:
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    I totally get this some pants couldnt even get on fit then some I could wear are a little loose but no where what I was hoping :( But we are making progress so that is an A+ Hang in there hun it will all pay off soon !!
  • EvelynForsyth
    EvelynForsyth Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I had that a couple weeks ago BUT i am now a few more pounds down and i have noticed a (slight) difference ie pants that would come down as they were tight around my hips are now staying up and not making my muffin tops quite so ridiculous....!

Dont be disheartened, it will happen for you i PROMISE. It will be worth it, add or message me if you need someone to talk to :)
  • YourFriendBecky
    Options
    Wait, what are the 2 steps back? You didn't take any steps back. Thought you were going to say you lost 5 and gained 10 and I was going to say, "Been there, done that." : ) I gotta tell you, though, if you're the kind of person who takes it off all over your body, rather than from one place at a time, it does take longer to wear different sizes, but that doesn't mean it's not visible. I lost over 40 pounds last year and only went down a couple sizes in the waist and hips, but my face is a lot thinner, and my thighs are thinner, and my arms are thinner. -Becky