No weight loss in 5 weeks

Options
I have been following the 1200 calories a day needed for me to lose weight as well as exercising 5 days a week for 1- 3 hours and I have not lost a pound in fact sometimes the scale indicates a 3.5 lbs(this has happened 2 times when I do my weekly weigh in). I am very frustrated. Any suggestions? Granted I only need to lose about 10 pounds but I should have dropped a few pounds by now. Help!

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    show us your diary?
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Are you eating the calories you worked out ? If not you might be in starve mode.
  • watkinsc
    watkinsc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Pretty much the same darn think going on with me (only it sounds like you might be a bit more diligent with the cal intake, but I get exercise (cardio) nearly everyday.. I added calories and lost a few more pounds, but then they came back on and I am hovering right where I was over a month ago.. but, I do FEEL better, and my exercise tolerance is waaaaay better.. Health is what I am going for here. I do still want to lose the next 10 pounds, but feeling better is a great place to be also... =)
  • lalexanderfamily
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid tested? I was having this same problem when I was in my 30's. Then I found out that I had an "inactive" thyroid. That was keeping me from losing weight. Once I was given the right dosage of a synthetic thyroid hormone, I started losing weight.
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    do you measure?
  • absie107
    absie107 Posts: 290
    Options
    well.. considering you only 'need' to lose 10 pounds, and considering you're consuming the bare minimum of food while hardcore exercising, i'd say you're probably not eating enough and perhaps are exercising a bit more than needed. also what kinds of foods are you eating?
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    Since I can't see you diary, I have no idea. How much sodium do you eat a day. If you don't know, turn on that category in your food diary display, if you have too much sodium it will make you retain water. To lose the last 10 pounds can require really watching what you eat that might hinder you. Also, use a measuring tape to see what is happening. If you are that close to the end, your body composition may be changing and you would not see it without measuring.