I get headaches

Options
:flowerforyou: I was told as a teen that I was hypoglosemic. I solved this by having a few sodas everyday. I only get headaches if I dont have soda. is this true is it the low sugar that gives me headaches or the cafeene? I tried juice and other things like white bread but no difference. I need badly to cut out my few cans of soda a day addiction in order to see weight loss but how can I do this without getting headaches???

Replies

• rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Have you tried getting your sugars from fresh fruit?
  • sarahpacheco611
    Options
    Headaches can be brought on by Stress, Tight Neck Muscles, Dehydration as well
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Try and cut down slowly and replace these drinks with water.

Get your sugar from healthy, clean foods.

Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • PattiPositive
    Options
    It is probably the caffeine. Google Caffeine addiction. Headaches are classic symptoms of Caffeine withdrawal.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    If you are really concerned, then you definately need to consult a doc because drinking all of that sugar definately isn't good for you. Maybe try eating your sugars from healthy sources, like making your own fruit smoothie with fruits that have a good amount of sugar like bananas. Hope this helps you out :smile:
  • toni1011
    toni1011 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just recently gave up soda and have terrible caffine withdrawl headaches...find another source of caffiene...there are caffiene pills you can take and ween off of them...that is what I did....well, still doing!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic and when my sugar drops low my doc tells me to eat something high in carbs, but not refined sugar. He also said combine it with some protein. That stops it from just bottoming out again. I will have something like orange juice (I keep one of those little juice boxes of 100% orange juice in my car) and peanut butter crackers or a peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread. Things with refined sugar will only keep your sugar up for about 30 minutes. Coming off caffeine cold turkey will give you a headache. Try weaning yourself down and then completely stopping.
  • tooheavyhauler
    Options
    Been my experience that you could have different things causing your hurting head.
    1. The body gets dependent on caffine, cause it a drug, and your getting the head ache cause your body is saying give me caffine.
    2. Have you blood pressure checked! head aches can be caused by high blood bressure.
    3. You may be exercising too hard, and not giving your body enough liquids or calories to feed itself and to cool itself.
    4. Stress. don't push yourself too much.

Hope this helps.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have gone through those caffeine withdrawals myself, the suck. The headaches are pretty nasty, but if you can take Tylenol or something else for it and stick it out for a few days they should go away. I was so much better off once I got that crap flushed out of my system. I have dramatically cuts sugars too, my sugars come from more natural sources these days. Dehydration can cause headaches too, so make sure you drink a lot of water to flush the toxins out of your body.
  • gocyndigo
    Options
    It could be a caffeine dependency and withdrawel causing your headaches. You might want to see your doctor and have your diagnosis of hypoglycemia looked at and verified again. Sometimes hypoglycemia is a sign of other problems. Of course some people just have lower blood sugars. If it turns you are hypoglycemic there are other ways to get sugar besides soda that can go hand in hand with your weight loss. I use fruit, dairy, and a few carefully chosen carbs. Good luck!