am i the only one on god's green earth...

Options
cindy4mica
cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
....who doesn't have internet access on her cell phone? i think i have the last of the prehistoric phones - no keyboard, no apps. just numbers and your good old fashioned t9 texting. i'm afraid if i upgrade, it will feed into my addiction of fb & mfp and i would get absolutely nothing done! i'm weak when it comes to social networking. my husband's about to forge and intervention...

Replies

• schpanks
    schpanks Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    You must have the same phone I do! :laugh:
  • loseit4ever
    loseit4ever Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    It will totally feed your addiction, but come on and join the club!!
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I just recently got my cellphone and I am 41 :P No fancy gadgets here either!
  • erinkelly2
    erinkelly2 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty ancient phone also. I thought I did not need all that because I am a stay at home Mommy but now I think I may have to upgrade because it would be nice to use this app.
  • asallen7
    asallen7 Posts: 301
    Options
    Mine was such a distraction to me that I removed my data plan. Do what works for you!
  • sarahpacheco611
    Options
    Give in to the temptation you can keep better tabs on your work outs and food. :) my mom still has a flip phone. I just bought it for her about 4 months ago shes in love its so cute. I taught her how to text. I think for her birthday i am going to get her a Ipod touch and see what she does.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I think social networking is taking over the world.

I'd say in 10 years time, when someone is born, they will be issued with a facebook and twitter account! :laugh:

I have a smartphone but not too addicted at the mo...too busy losing weight, planning wedding and writing a dissertation :noway:
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I still have a relic myself.....more because I don't want to pay for the data plan! LOL!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't have interweb on my phone! I do update my Facebook status from my phone sometimes via text, but I can't check to see if anybody's responded. :laugh: Heavens, if I could do that stuff from my phone I'd never get anything else done!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    As with all the others, nope, I don't either! =) Acutally, I do, but it's a very small amount of internet time and I'm afraid if I start to use it, I'll go over big time. Besides, without apps, it's a pain to try to navigate on such a tiny screen, so, I just use my husband's instead. =) I know one of these days we'll have to upgrade, but I'm holding out, otherwise I'll never get off of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I have a fancy new phone as my friend gave me her old one when she upgraded but I dont have a data plan on it. I do however get to use internet on it when in a free wifi zone!
  • mmmary201
    Options
    It's okay. I had an iphone and just got rid of it. I'm back to a phone that doesnt even have texts LOL (I could, I just have to opt in and I havent cause I dont want to pay for it).
  • ethel64
    Options
    come and join the dark side :laugh: :tongue:

i got my blackberry last year, now i cant imagine being without it, LOVE IT !!! :bigsmile:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I have a tracfone that spends more time as an alarm clock then anything else.:tongue:
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    i'm one of the few that refuses to even buy a cell phone! :) i hate them!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I just wrote and posted this response from my iPhone, so Ithink that answers your question. :tongue:
  • skinnylizzard
    skinnylizzard Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I have a cell, but I hardly use it because I'm at home most of the time. I don't think I even know how to text! It annoys me when I see people walking around texting. It's like they are not even coherent of what's going on around them! When I go out with my daughter, she has to be constantly connected to that damn phone! She's not even with me, she's with everyone else! X(
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I don't! Nor do I want it.

I don't own a microwave either. lol!
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    i didn't get my first cell phone until i got divorced when i was 30. i'm glad i have it now since some of my children are older and i like to be able to keep in touch, but i rarely talk on it - i mostly text because it's quicker & more discreet. i'm also cheap and don't want to spend the extra money. lol
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I don't own a microwave either. lol!

I thought I was the only one!